Dosbox Games You're Looking Forward To

I wish it had been a text file with The Incredible Machine Mega Pack, rather than a PDF. :p I had to copy out all of the symbols onto a piece of paper that I keep in my SD Card wallet for that one. :lol:

Prometheus said:
I wish it had been a text file with The Incredible Machine Mega Pack, rather than a PDF. :p I had to copy out all of the symbols onto a piece of paper that I keep in my SD Card wallet for that one. :lol:
Hmm, I thought the version on GOG was cracked. I simply click any symbol and I can play without problem.

We are talking about "The Even More Incredible Machine" here, yes?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lafazar - Yep, we are talking about The Even More Incredible Machine, indeed.

One game I forgot: Cyber Dogs (or the sequel C-Dogs). But now that I did some research, it seems they've released the source, and there are ports even for GP2X and Dingoo. Oh, and the original Liero (nowadays merged with OpenLiero).

@B-ZaR regarding GoT:
Hmm, same for me. I remember playing through the demo (got it from Anttila's TopTen MegaGames Demo CDs (or something similar)) and furiously trying to locate the full version from local shops, but to no avail (*). It was only a few years ago I noticed it's become freeware.

(*) This reminded me of another gem: Simon the Sorcerer 2. But ScummVM gives 95% compatibility, so no need for DosBox. (And from this one I managed to find the full version.) ... And it seems Lafazar has it on the list already.

aaronson911 said:
I am surprised no one has said master of magic one of my all time favorite games.

Never heard of it...

Although just checking wikipedia, turn based games really never interested me back in the day. Well until I played Civ 4 just recently, but Leonard Nemoy sold that game.

Prometheus said:

Then I'm afraid you have been doing all that work for nothing. I just confirmed that the GOG version is cracked and will allow you to play the game regardless which icon you click on the copy protection screen. :p

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_incredible_machine_mega_pack/copy_protection

aaronson911 said:
I am surprised no one has said master of magic one of my all time favorite games.
Master of Orion will be re-released on Good old Games tomorrow, there's a good chance Master of Magic will be too, eventually.

dos-games? duke nukem series, skunny karts & whacky wheels, raptor - call of the shadows, settlers 1 + 2, battle isle, magic of endoria, jazz jackrabbit, magic carpet...

Lafazar said:
Prometheus said:

Then I'm afraid you have been doing all that work for nothing. I just confirmed that the GOG version is cracked and will allow you to play the game regardless which icon you click on the copy protection screen. :p

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_incredible_machine_mega_pack/copy_protection
Haha! Thankyou. :)

I could have sworn it refused my attempt to start it with any random icon, though... Anyway, this makes it much more convenient for Pandora play. :D Thanks again!

hmm most, but not all, of mine have been already been covered.

dosbox.jpg

Does anybody here ever play a game called amaze? It was some freeware ASCII based maze game. It really wasn't very good but I'd love to play it again. I can't find it anywhere :(

@Lafazar That is awesome that Master of Orion would be released on good old games. Microprose is one of my favorite publishers. I was not aware of GOG publishing any of their games. It would be sweet if they did.

Pleng said:
hmm most, but not all, of mine have been already been covered.

dosbox.jpg

Does anybody here ever play a game called amaze? It was some freeware ASCII based maze game. It really wasn't very good but I'd love to play it again. I can't find it anywhere :(

Only thing that I can think that sounds like is Rogue Runner.

MAster of MAgic is pretty playable in current DosBox on Pandora (so can onyl get better as it gets more tuning.)

jeff

Pleng said:
I'm going to read your mind here, and guess that you are in fact talking about the shareware (not freeware) game Insanity, subtitled "A game to A-MAZE and astound you" with A-MAZE being nearly as big as the title INSANITY.
If that's not the game you're talking about, then I have no idea. Sorry.

skeezix, is Daggerfall running on dosbox? If not I found a project for it, DaggerXL which is still active but not far along. It looks like it's one guy so it's not opensource it seems but maybe he'll port it to the Pandora. I tried to join the forums but I kept getting the code wrong, I, 1, and lowercase L were about the same. I'll try again later.

WizardStan said:
I'm going to read your mind here, and guess that you are in fact talking about the shareware (not freeware) game Insanity, subtitled "A game to A-MAZE and astound you" with A-MAZE being nearly as big as the title INSANITY.
If that's not the game you're talking about, then I have no idea. Sorry.

I -love- you!

Although this version seems somewhat more sophisticated than the version I remember playing. Perhaps it's a later release... or perhaps my memory is just not so good - it was some 16 odd years ago!

skeezix said:
MAster of MAgic is pretty playable in current DosBox on Pandora (so can onyl get better as it gets more tuning.)

jeff

Hey jeff, was master of magic played on real Pandora hardware and was playable? That’s awesome. Was the mouse mapped to the touch screen or was another control schema used? That is really cool that master of magic is already playable. I thought I would have to wait for some optimizations. Dosbox could become a killer app for the Pandora.

*g* "playable in current DB on Pandora" sort of means "on a real Pandora" ;) MoM was one of my favourite "Civ-like" games; when it came out, I wasp;laying MtG CCG so it fit my world nicely :) I didn't play deep into it but MoM usually has sluggish screen redraws in most DB ports, but it was fine here. Pickle has mapped touchscreen to mouse and it works pretty well in 90% of games. The last build I fiddled with (month or two ago) he hadn't mapped right-mouse yet and it was still okay, but made WC2 etc funky. He's since added right click somehow, but I've not gottenm the latest build to try it.

(WC2 is a bit a tougher one, since it wants SVGA rather than VGA, so it slows it down a bit; it seems playable for a small number of units at least, though the load time is currently awhile, last I checked.)

Dune 2 is fully playable last I checked.

For _sure_ DosBox will be one of the banner apps :)

jeff

If it can run Carmageddon, that would be cool.
Terminal Velocity
Ultima 6/7
Blood
Others I can't think of at the moment

- Grand Prix 2
- Fifa Soccer '96
- God Of Thunder
- Wacky Wheels
- Skunny Kart
- Prince of Persia
- Tunneler
- Dangerous Dave