Dosbox For Dingoo A320

hi slaanesh,

can you join us on #dingoonity irc::freenode? here are the opendingux developers. currently on devs are using opendingux kernel. we are currently working on first release pack. kernel+rootfs, +minimal local including tvout and gmenu2x tool.

I can give you the link for opendingux pack or i can test Dosbox for you.

cheers

I've pretty much done everything I wanted to do on Dosbox 0.73 for A320/Nanonote. Just have one little bug to fix on the A320.

I had a look at Dosbox 0.74 and it looks like I may upgrade to this as the changes for A320/Nanonote are only in a few files here and there.

SiENcE said:
slaanesh said:
SiENcE said:
Ah great news. Do you need testers, esp. my kernel version and the OD kernel?
Yes I will do. Will let you know shortly.

Some infos for OpenDingux videomodes: http://dingoowiki.com/index.php?title=Dingux:OpenDingux#Video

That's excellent.

Are there actually any changes to the SDL libraries? Or are the changes just in the kernel?

I assume that SDL_Flip when working in double buffer mode only does the graphics page flip? I hope that it doesn't need to do any actual blitting work.

I'll need to check if the Nanonote's kernel is compatible with this behavior - because to tell you the truth - I'm more interested in keeping DOSBOX compatible with it than the A320. The Nanonote is really a very nice platform for DOSBOX.

Last edited by a moderator:
If not you can add an commandline option for a320 specific behaviour.

SDL is compiled against ALSA...not OSS anymore. But that shouldn't matter, if you only use SDL/SDL_mixer.

As i said, long time ago, set the correct graphic mode (320x240x16 and if available you can Doubblebuffer)..otherwise you will get an error.

Are you still working on this? :)
If not, could you share the sources?

Believe it or not still working on this.
Will migrate to 0.74 as that was released.
I'm trying to optimize a bit more.
The Nanonote version is very good now and has full mouse/keyboard support - I have been using it myself frequently. Probably my most used self-developed emulator.

slaanesh said:
The Nanonote version is very good now and has full mouse/keyboard support - I have been using it myself frequently. Probably my most used self-developed emulator.
Any chance for an interim version (even not fully optimized)? Would settle for anything, as long as you have my most dreamed about function: the mouse support!!! Plllllleaaassse....

slaanesh said:

Good news!

Does it use SDL? The current version I have simply segfaults under opendingux.
Oh, and opendingux has integrated mouse support :)

I have ported across to 0.74 code base. Everything seems to be working very nicely on the Nanonote. I've done zero testing on the A320.

What's the default kernel that people are using on the A320 these days?

Also are there any Nanonote users that want to do some testing? Let me know please.

The kernel that everybody is using these days is Sience's, at least until Opendingux is out ...

I have been refreshing this topic for a long time Slaanesh and now i am glad that your release is coming (i hope), thanks for your hard work for the Dingoo man!

slaanesh said:
I have ported across to 0.74 code base. Everything seems to be working very nicely on the Nanonote. I've done zero testing on the A320.

Also are there any Nanonote users that want to do some testing? Let me know please.

I hope you release it soon. What about an Caanoo port? I can help.

SiENcE said:
slaanesh said:

I hope you release it soon. What about an Caanoo port? I can help.
I'd love to do a Caanno port but I don't have a Caanoo. Is GPH giving away dev units by any chance?

slaanesh said:
Hi Slaanesh! Would be more than happy to give some new meat to my nanonote...

slaanesh said:

Alright, I've made some fixes for the Dingux version. It works and displays on my A320 fine now.
I've also done some profiling of the 'simple' core. It's pretty fast now. Almost as fast as the dyna-rec for some apps/games.

If anyone wants a beta test version please PM with your email details so I can send you a test executable.
I need nanonote and a320 testers please.

Thanks to those who are doing some testing.

Here are some specific instructions:

Nanonote (I hope at least one of you has one of these):
Keyboard should fully work.
Mouse is activated by holding "blue fn" + arrow key for movement. "blue fn" + "up vol"/"down vol" for left/right mouse button.

A320
I kind of forgot to add an easy accessible button for mouse mapping - I'll do that in the next test version - but what I am really looking for in this version is to see whether the display is good.
You should see the normal red-background splash screen on start up followed by the text console.
You will need to add commands to you the autoexec.bat section of the dosbox.conf to automatically start a game and map keys accordingly.

Speaking of which the built in keyboard control mapper should work - <ctrl-f1> to activate for both nn & a320 - though you kind of need the mouse to get it to work properly so unless you are cunning and figure out mapping the nn's mouse activation key (code=0x15 in mapper) it's not going to do much for A320 users.

slaanesh said:
Thanks to those who are doing some testing.

Here are some specific instructions:

Nanonote (I hope at least one of you has one of these):
Keyboard should fully work.
Mouse is activated by holding "blue fn" + arrow key for movement. "blue fn" + "up vol"/"down vol" for left/right mouse button.

A320
I kind of forgot to add an easy accessible button for mouse mapping - I'll do that in the next test version - but what I am really looking for in this version is to see whether the display is good.
You should see the normal red-background splash screen on start up followed by the text console.
You will need to add commands to you the autoexec.bat section of the dosbox.conf to automatically start a game and map keys accordingly.

Speaking of which the built in keyboard control mapper should work - <ctrl-f1> to activate for both nn & a320 - though you kind of need the mouse to get it to work properly so unless you are cunning and figure out mapping the nn's mouse activation key (code=0x15 in mapper) it's not going to do much for A320 users.
I just tested it. the display works just fine.

Back