Dosbox For Dingoo A320

hello slaanesh,
I use the last science's kernel,
With this version i can't click with the virtual mouse. The game seems to be slower than the previous version (loading especially). With lotus 3, alone in the dark and tes arena, there is a black screen instead of the menu, i start the game blind, and after the game seems run with a normal display.
supaplex, scorched earth, civ, history line run correctly.
If you need details ask me.
Thanks for your works

I'm currently trying to track down a bug if you specify machine=vgaonly.
It's really deep down somewhere in the renderer and it's proving irksome to find.
Should have it soon.
I'll also add more direct support for A320 mouse user. Probably using the on/off switch as a button to toggle mouse movement.
Also will add mouse sensitivity settings in dosbox.conf as one beta user has said the default speed on the NN is a bit slow. Which is probably is.

EDIT:

Merry Christmas! Can't help myself, doing a bit of relaxing programming and fixed that vgaonly bug (finally).
Adding some additional blitters to handle various display depths for both Nanonote and A320.

slaanesh said:
It's really deep down somewhere in the renderer and it's proving irksome to find.
Should have it soon.
I'll also add more direct support for A320 mouse user. Probably using the on/off switch as a button to toggle mouse movement.
Also will add mouse sensitivity settings in dosbox.conf as one beta user has said the default speed on the NN is a bit slow. Which is probably is.

EDIT:

Merry Christmas! Can't help myself, doing a bit of relaxing programming and fixed that vgaonly bug (finally).
Adding some additional blitters to handle various display depths for both Nanonote and A320.
So you solved the vgaonly error? That's great! Because not using SVGA but plain VGA might speed things up. Just like using EGA when the game allows it. However, the DosBox on openhandhelds.org there's still the version that crashes when you set vgaonly. Where can I download the new one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Meneer Jansen said:
slaanesh said:
Should have it soon.

EDIT:

So you solved the vgaonly error? That's great! Because not using SVGA but plain VGA might speed things up. Just like using EGA when the game allows it. However, the DosBox on openhandhelds.org there's still the version that crashes when you set vgaonly. Where can I download the new one?

The vgaonly bug is fixed, however vgaonly is slower thatn svga_s3 mode. Why? Because it renders EVERYTHING in 640x400 pixels, even 320x200 mode. Pixels are just doubled.
So it was a bit of a waste of time, though fixing a bug is never a waste of effort.

Lots of speed ups in the new version so things are ticking over a fair bit better.

Mouse, keyboard, good speed, everything it's really nice on the Nanonote. The A320 version is just lacking an on-screen keyboard mode.

Thank you for your reply and the explanation. By new version, do you mean a version newer than the jz420_alpha version on Openhandhelds.com? And if so, will you upload you new version please? :)

slaanesh said:
Meneer Jansen said:
slaanesh said:
Should have it soon.

EDIT:

The vgaonly bug is fixed, however vgaonly is slower thatn svga_s3 mode. Why? Because it renders EVERYTHING in 640x400 pixels, even 320x200 mode. Pixels are just doubled.
So it was a bit of a waste of time, though fixing a bug is never a waste of effort.

Lots of speed ups in the new version so things are ticking over a fair bit better.

Mouse, keyboard, good speed, everything it's really nice on the Nanonote. The A320 version is just lacking an on-screen keyboard mode.

hey slanesh,

could you explain, why does dosbox do not render in 320x240?

cheers

SiENcE said:
could you explain, why does dosbox do not render in 320x240?

In vga_only mode, DosBox creates a 640x400 surface. This is then used to render all video work including lower resolution screens.

In svga_s3 mode, DosBox creates a surface the size of the actual resolution. For example, a 320x200 PC screen is actually drawn on a 320x200 SDL surface.

It's to do with the way the hardware worked and probably for video comparability reasons.

Anyway, my advice is to just always use svga_s3. Anyway, I have optimized this mode for A320/Nanonote.

I will release the new "Christmas version" soon - without A320 on-screen-keyboard support however.

Ok i understand. So we have nativ 320x200 with a small black 20pixel boarder. Is it possible to display some stats in the 20pixel or please center the screen?

SiENcE said:
Ok i understand. So we have nativ 320x200 with a small black 20pixel boarder. Is it possible to display some stats in the 20pixel or please center the screen?
Yes, oone request was disk access indicator - which is probably not a bad idea as loading can sometimes take a while.
I also like seeing what the display framerate is doing too so I might put that up too.

Hi Slaanesh
Any news of a release of Dosbox for NN ?
Mine is starving to have Dosbox :D
Cheers

a320 users are waiting too...
Please cheep up and make good program for us :)

Hi,

I'm new and I have a question :)

Is there any way to change the brightness value in dosbox?
I usually have the brightness value lower than normal to save battery on a Nanonote and when I play in dosbox, I notice that the brightness is different, as if the brightness value was fixed.

Also, I've noticed that games like text-only mode Anacreon: Reconstruction 4021 does not work in full screen.
Here, changing the option 'aspect' to 'true' does not work.

I've also seen a problem in the game Spellcasting 101. Although I think this was a resolution problem, because everything was very blurry.

Moreover, the truth is that has no money to play something that looks and weighs like a cigarette case to 80s video games with tandy sound :)

Thanks for this awesome port, slaanesh.

Hi Slaanesh,any news on Dingux Dosbox?
Are you also working on FBAv1.1 with better compatibility gamelist (would be possible for example play on the A320 games such as Konami Asterix, Sega Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder, Irem Gunforce 2, Data East Robocop 2, Technos Shadow Force and many more...) and added support for key remapping, savestates, pause button and cheats?

it's possible to run windows 3.1 with the Slaanesh "beta test" version of dosbox.
it's quite slow and i'm not able to use mouse buttons of the Science virtual mouse, i'm trying to fix that.
So it' quite useless for the moment but it's fun :)

videos
http://coccijoe.blogspot.com/2011/06/video-windows-31-sur-dingux-via-dosbox.html

Hi slaanesh

are you considering to release the final version of Dingux Dosbox 0.74 for this Christmas?

slaanesh said:
I will release the new "Christmas version" soon - without A320 on-screen-keyboard support however.

Please slaanesh, can you upload this?

Hi slaanesh, thanks for your hard work. Your next dosbox release for dingoo has a Virtual Keyboard?

Back