Dosbox: Can't Use Colon?

Azure

Trust the recursion...
So, I'm trying to mount a different directory (/media to access my SD card since it seems to default mount C to games) to access my games, but I cant use the colon button by using the function key, making it hard to change drives...is this normal or am I doing something clearly stupid/wrong? Should I just be using this "games" directory instead (if so...where is this games directory supposed to be?)?

Note: I'd read the "README" but I can't open the DOSBOX documentation setup file...

Take a look in "appdata", DOSBoxFE should have created "games" in there. :) (I figured that one out earlier.)

Hey, I know I'm reviving an old topic, but I figured out the colon problem. You have to press shift (left shoulder button) + Fn + ";"

I figured this out by looking at the keyboard remapper. The underscore wasn't working either, so I was messing about trying to figure it out, and I noticed that both ":" and "_" are keys accessed through shift. On a normal US keyboard, the underscore is created through shift+-, and the colon through shift+;. I guessed that dosbox expected this to still be the case, so I tried it. It worked.

I suppose Dosbox just doesn't like these characters being created through Fn? Hope this helps someone, and I apologize if this has been answered before and I'm just being dense. ;)

Clean3d said:
Hey, I know I'm reviving an old topic, but I figured out the colon problem. You have to press shift (left shoulder button) + Fn + ";"
Excellent! This was driving me nuts. It has to be in the order you mention, as Fn, then shift, then ";" does not work.

Last edited by a moderator:
What commande line must be written to mount c ?

In put my game in the games directory (/appdata/dosbox/games)

mount c /media/...... ?

Thanx for your help.

Code:
mount c ./games
here's a small tutorial I wrote up a while ago that may help:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54883-dosbox-question/page__view__findpost__p__884848

Oh, btw, with the whole colon thing, you can also remap colon to whatever you want in dosbox. To get to the key mapper you just hit ctrl+f1 which of course is actually fn+ctrl+f1 on the pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
Back