DOSBox emulation questions

kc187

Still Fresh
Hello all, need a little help here.

I'm trying to install a dos game through DOSBox. I keep trying to mount a folder on my SD card as a virtual drive, but it keeps saying "directory not found."

I think this problem has to do with DOSBox not allowing me to use a tilde ~.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT= Nevermind. I wasn't using the front end. Sorry. I guess you can close this thread now. Thanks.

EDIT2= Actually, this didn't wholly fix my problem. Still can't make a tilde. Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you're trying to use a ~ how is the directory on your sd card? ~ signifies your home directory, which is on the nand

should be something like 'mount c /media/mmcblk0p1/mygames' etc

You shouldn't use names longer than 8 characters in DOS anyway. Then you don't need the ~ ...

Dosbox uses the old Dos keyboard mappings where tilde is an upper-case back-tick. Press Fn-Shift-H

I'm betting there's a way to change this, but I'm sufficiently lazy that it's easier to just push three keys than it is to actually figure out how to fix it ;)

Dosbox uses the old Dos keyboard mappings where tilde is an upper-case back-tick. Press Fn-Shift-H

I'm betting there's a way to change this, but I'm sufficiently lazy that it's easier to just push three keys than it is to actually figure out how to fix it ;)

Could you tell me how to make a ":"?

Haven't figured it out yet and was too busy playing Chrono Trigger :D

In principle this makes sense, by default DosBOX assumes a US-keyboard layout (I guess). That's why ~ is shift+` and ; is shift+:

Does the pandora layout follow any standard-layout rule? If it does, it should be easy to change, probably right in dosbox.conf ... there: keyboardlayout=<KEYB code>

Last edited by a moderator:

FN+Shift+H fixed it. Thanks a bunch!

Back