Dont Want To Cancel And Need Moral Support!

b1llygo4t

faith no more is my favorite band. they are on a 10 year reunion tour. they are landing on the east coast (usa) for a short time. i am considering canceling my preorder so i can go AND have a blast with this girl i just met. i can make it there by myself, and i REALLY dig and connect with this woman. what should i do? preordered in oct of 09 when i found out about the pando, met this girl about a month ago and have never felt more conformable or happy. what should i do, i am torn? i sold all my next gen systems and took hiatus from video games for this machine. i was not looking for a relationship before i met this girlie. ??????2???

b1llygo4t said:
faith no more is my favorite band. they are on a 10 year reunion tour. they are landing on the east coast (usa) for a short time. i am considering canceling my preorder so i can go AND have a blast with this girl i just met. i can make it there by myself, and i REALLY dig and connect with this woman. what should i do? preordered in oct of 09 when i found out about the pando, met this girl about a month ago and have never felt more conformable or happy. what should i do, i am torn? i sold all my next gen systems and took hiatus from video games for this machine. i was not looking for a relationship before i met this girlie. ??????2???

If it's about a girl go for it man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
I would wait for a mr. Bungle reunion :D

Or rob a gasstation :p
i wish. check out the secret chiefs 3! bungle minus patton

b1llygo4t said:
Bosbeetle said:
I would wait for a mr. Bungle reunion :D

Or rob a gasstation :p
i wish. check out the secret chiefs 3! bungle minus patton

Seen them 3 times :D and I like them.

Last friday i saw Patton perform laborintus II :)

http://www.hollandfestival.nl/page.ocl?pageID=43&show=4207

the improv set with ICP members was kick ass

btw I would never miss a patton show :D

Like others have said, you can re-order again later.

I would probably go for the girl. You never know, she may be 'The One'.

...ugggh goddamn it I wish I was young again. /cry

Say it works out with the girl you wouldnt have time for a pandora then :D and time will fly so waiting wont take that long...

If it doesnt work out with the girl .. hmm lets not go there :D

disclaimer: I know very little about the band in question, I'm asking questions, trying to make as few assumptions as possible.

It's been 10 years since the band split up? Ask yourself a few questions. Are they actually any good anymore? A lot of these concerts will sell out simply because of the name. I seem to remember the name FNM when I was younger, and I seem to remember that they'd been around for a while even then. As people get old, they deteriorate, *especially* singers. I know some people who have been to re-union gigs and been severely disappointed. Not always the case, of course. And for some people it doesn't even really matter if the show is a poor one; they just want to be in the presence of their idols. So if that's you, then you can safely ignore anything I've just said!

As for a girl. Hmm. I found rock concerts great places to pick up girls, and great places to have a fling with a girl you quite fancy. But I don't think it's the best place to begin a relationship with somebody you wanna get serious with. If you get lucky it's likely because she's been worked up by seeing her idols and/or the amount of alcohol consumed, not because she's suddenly realized that you are they guy she adores.

Then of course, in a more jestful manner, you could look look at it as a numbers game. When you get your Pandora there'll be about 4000 of them in existence. There's a shed load more girls around than that :p

More seriously: Decide if you really want to see the band, ignoring the girl thing. If you do, go. If you don't, and the girl really does like you, you'll be able to find plenty of other reasons to spend, perhaps much more meaningful, time together.

Pleng said:
Are they actually any good anymore? A lot of these concerts will sell out simply because of the name. I seem to remember the name FNM when I was younger, and I seem to remember that they'd been around for a while even then. As people get old, they deteriorate, *especially* singers.
In general that's true, but not this band. ;) Mike Patton seems to get exponentially better with time.

Pleng said:
It's been 10 years since the band split up? Ask yourself a few questions. Are they actually any good anymore? A lot of these concerts will sell out simply because of the name. I seem to remember the name FNM when I was younger, and I seem to remember that they'd been around for a while even then. As people get old, they deteriorate, *especially* singers.

you clearly don't know mike patton (it might not be your thing but detioration I wouldnt call it :D )

and a bit more 'normal' stuff

Bosbeetle said:
Pleng said:
It's been 10 years since the band split up? Ask yourself a few questions. Are they actually any good anymore? A lot of these concerts will sell out simply because of the name. I seem to remember the name FNM when I was younger, and I seem to remember that they'd been around for a while even then. As people get old, they deteriorate, *especially* singers.

you clearly don't know mike patton (it might not be your thing but detioration I wouldnt call it :D )

I did say at the beginning that I didn't know about this particular band :p. Oh well the first half of my post is irrelevant I guess!

aww we are all a big bunch of romantic wussies when it comes to the g word :wub:

which reminds me I think I have a video of a girl going completly insane after just having talked to mike patton (from last friday) I was a bit drunk so I have no idea if I actually recorded something.

Back