Don't have time to upload your PNDs to the repo?

Blue Protoman

I've got some spare time for the next few days. If you have some PNDs that you want to upload to Milkshake's repo, but simply haven't had the time for it, then allow me! All PNDs must be uploaded by the original maintainer; thus, it would have to be from your account. If you'd like me to upload your PNDs for you, please PM me. Yes, I will require your account info, but I'm not gonna wreak havoc or anything; you know me better than that (hopefully). I'll let you know when I finish so you can change your password. I will not modify anything like pre-existing PNDs or donation info, nor will I leave any comments under your name.

Last edited by a moderator:
not all my PNDs are there yet. The problem is not a matter of upload time, but the PXML need updating before being allowed to upload there.

Uploading to the repo take a few seconds (aka send file and done).

I'm not sure your offer will help much. Yet it is welcome ;)

Guys, my offer still stands; we're starting to lose some of the older PNDs. The latest GemRB is gone from the Archive! (Its entry still shows, though; if you try and download it, you get an error.) And since you can transfer maintainership to others, there's not much keeping me from going ahead with uploads anyway.

And since you can transfer maintainership to others, there's not much keeping me from going ahead with uploads anyway.

In my experience, you can add someone as a maintainer so they can update a pnd, but you can't transfer it. If you uploaded a pnd, you would always be the 'owner' of it - it would always show your name in the Maintainer field of the repo entry (and any 'donate' link would be to your account). As an example, look at the minitube entry on the repo - it shows Maintainer as sebt3, because he started it, but it was me who uploaded the latest version.

Moreover, if you uploaded someone else's pnds, you would be going against the terms of use of the website (not to mention Milkshake's wishes).

If you're concerned about pnds getting lost, maybe archive them on a file-hosting service like mediafire perhaps?

What is this archive things keep disappearing from? I only know of the couple repository sites.. ;)

Hey guys, I'm kinda new here. Don't have a Pandora yet, but I'm looking forward to buying one. I've been browsing the forums for a few months, but I've never posted.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is I have a lifetime platinum membership to Megaupload, which means my files will never disappear, and they are backed up on 3 servers. I would be more than happy to back up any .pnd files you have on my account(up to 1024Mb per file so non-premiums can download). You can then supply the links to the files in a thread, or on the description in the archive.

Just an idea.

Hey guys, I'm kinda new here. Don't have a Pandora yet, but I'm looking forward to buying one. I've been browsing the forums for a few months, but I've never posted.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is I have a lifetime platinum membership to Megaupload, which means my files will never disappear, and they are backed up on 3 servers. I would be more than happy to back up any .pnd files you have on my account(up to 1024Mb per file so non-premiums can download). You can then supply the links to the files in a thread, or on the description in the archive.

Just an idea.
Welcome to the community.

We have some dedicated locations for uploading .pnds which also implement protocols such that we can automatically update our software directly from the Pandora.

Dawgman: Thanks, I'll have to take you up on your offer at one point.

But first we need to find out what exactly is missing! I can confirm that GemRB 0.6.3 is. Who can upload that?

Dawgman: Thanks, I'll have to take you up on your offer at one point.

But first we need to find out what exactly is missing! I can confirm that GemRB 0.6.3 is. Who can upload that?

Here you go:

gemrb063.pnd

Be gratefull - I just sacrifced 8.23mb of my data package for a good cause. (I live in a 3rd world country and have to pay for every byte of data uploaded or downloaded).

:)

I hope I'm actually allowed to do this, otherwise this post needs to be removed.

Attachments

• gemrb063.pnd
    8.2 MB · Views: 191
Hot damn, thanks! Didn't think you'd do it. I'll upload this to the Repo immediately. If the original maintainer wants it back, he can have it.

By the way, in the future, compress your uploads with 7-Zip; that way they take up less space so you can save some cash. Might be of use to you.

Just be careful you don't upload any files without a request/permission from the developer. Usually there is a reason why they aren't uploaded yet and the official appstore shows that 3rd party meta-data editing is, let's say, error prone.

Well i don't give ANYONE acces to any of my accounts. But thanks for reminding me, none of my ports or even Panjoust were uploaded to the repo yet :eek:

oops... ;)

uploading as i type

Back