Donations

Gadget posted on Oct 5 2006 at 09:47 AM said:
I think this is going to be the case with Ghostbusters when I have finished porting it. You work your arse off on something that you think people will enjoy, and they do, for 2 minutes and then forget about it

Well I for one will donate to your Ghostbusters game when completed - shit, i'll buy it if u release it :).

The reason is simple, this is a game I want to play.

I have donated to a few projects so far because I use / play them.

I understand any dev's point of view though, you pour hours of love and hard graft into a project, but if you are going to want money for it, then make sure there is a market for your product.

I'll get me coat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read what I wrote: I have said in every release notes that if you *enjoy playing* dond then please *consider donating*. This pretty much means if you dont like the show or the game then you probably did not download it and you are not going to consider donating.

It is obvious that people will not like the game, I knew that would happen from before I announced the game several months ago, its the same with all my other games, some people will not like them for whatever reason. I do not expect those people to donate either of course, I wouldnt donate to a game I have never played or liked.

I think you've been very clear and honest in your statements regarding donations, and have responded well to negative comments that at times missed your point.

etc!

About the micropayments, does anyone have experience with the Bitpass system? I personally do not, but the Spoken Alexandria Project employs it for micropayments and prefers it strongly in comparison to Paypal, so I guess its cheaper.

Guyfawkes posted on Oct 6 2006 at 12:12 PM said:
Please read what I wrote: I have said in every release notes that if you *enjoy playing* dond then please *consider donating*. This pretty much means if you dont like the show or the game then you probably did not download it and you are not going to consider donating.

So? I fail to see what on earth the problem is. The people that enjoyed it enough that they thought it was worth a donation gave a donation.
The fact that you even got a single donation is very impressive. Try releasing similar quality software for PC and see how many donations you get. I know people that have tried the same thing with PC games and not recieved a single donation after 500K downloads.
You have stumbled upon one of the few communities that actually does give money when they could avoid it and yet you are not happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I play a game or use an app often enough, I will donate a couple bux, but at the same time, donation money comes out of MST3K channel fund, and food. Food is pretty much the most important thing. So, I have to pick and choose who I donate to, and normally, it's got to be only a couple pounds/dollars. The GP2X itself I needed to scrounge and save to buy it, in fact.

If I can donate and I think the game or app is worthy and I do use/play it, then I probably will donate.

Back