Does your Pandora squeak?

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
My first Pandora was awesome. The lid opened fluidly, the buttons were soft to the touch, the only sounds it made were the ones it was supposed to make.

I broke that one because sometimes I'm an idiot that can't resist poking things.

So I bought a replacement off of ebay. This one, I noticed, creaks and squeaks a lot. Adjusting the lid, not pushing the buttons straight down, even just flexing the case a little bit causes plastic to rub on plastic and sometimes make some very annoying noises. Is this the case for anyone else? Is this a result of something done to the newer cases that wasn't done to the older ones I wonder?

I opened both up and swapped the boards (because I'm an idiot that can't resist poking things) doing it right this time so as not to break anything, but this squeaky case still worries me a little.

Yes, my Pandora with the new case tends to make the same noise. I think the squeaking may reduce overtime when the hinge loosens a little from opening/closing.

My lid squeaks, too. Button presses are all pretty good (occasionally a press of the 'v' key doesn't seem to land), and my shoulder buttons click, but that's probably due to me, too.

My hinge used to squeak, but it has stopped over use, just hang in there, it should go away sooner or later.

I make squeak noises myself too as i'm so happy to have an OP ^^.

Last edited by a moderator:
No squeaking with mine. Maybe it's just natural variation between individual units?

My battery lid creaks but it has only the middle prong to hold it in place. The hinge squeaks a tiny bit but not nearly so much as when I received it. No sounds with keys or buttons, other than those soft clicks that remind me I am pretty much having sex with a goddess.

I've taken my Open Pandora fully apart twice, so somewhere between that and general usage the creaking and squeaking has declined over time. I think tightening the screws does help.

Back