Does The Wiki Need Fluffys Renders?

craigix said:
These renders would look really nice on the wiki, I think they are great, we really appreciate all the community involvement in this, it's fantastic.
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
A can of soft drink would do the job of representing scale well.
A 375mL (12fl oz) can is of a comparable size to the Pandora, and it's pretty much universally recognised.

(Make it generic though, you don't want trademark issues!)

Who needs renders when you can have something that looks just like it (minus game controls of course)

I do like the keyboard - not so fussed with the Korean characters though...

digitalcube-udic.jpg

I saw this on engadget and thought it was the first real pic -

Alas no

- Almost dropped my Tunnocks Tea Cake!!

Rick

That's the i-station UDIC, an electronic dictionary. The thing I like about it is the 4.3" swiveling LCD screen, which can be flipped around. Who knows, maybe in Pandora 2? ;)

Eolair said:
That's the i-station UDIC, an electronic dictionary. The thing I like about it is the 4.3" swiveling LCD screen, which can be flipped around. Who knows, maybe in Pandora 2? ;)
Japan and S. Korea go crazy for electronic dictionaries. Considering that they're pretty much full-featured palmtop computers these days, I can see why. Every time I see a new one pop up on Engadget I wonder why nobody ever bothers making a US version and selling them here. The palmtop form factor makes a hell of a lot more sense than the unwieldy UMPC too-big-for-a-pocket-but-too-small-to-warrant-its-own-bag design.

That's why I'm such a fan of the Pandora's design. It is a full featured PC in a palmtop format, plus it has dedicated gaming controls and 3D video acceleration. It should leave even the best electronic dictionaries in the dust.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I would put a mirror behind the unit to give you a brief idea of the back:

Pandora21.jpg

I'm not 100% sure this worked out as I expected.

Back