Does the pandora completely open 360 degrees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

folperz

Still Fresh
I'd like to know if/can the Pandora can be opened 360 degrees with bottom and top touching each other snugly? The idea comes from seeing electronic book readers/e-book readers/ebook readers/Kindle on linuxdevices.com . Perhaps the screen isn't - maybe it is, the most appropriate screen for an ebook reader, but maybe an add-on could be purchased to give the Pandora's screen an, "electronic paper feel".

look at the design:
the hinge isnt on the back side of it, its on top of the control section. of course it cant.

it cant because its patented, from what i get

ok but this is the bit when things get a little crazy, on the wiki it says it cant open 180 degrees
what im wondering is, does this mean it cant open flat out, like the ds and 99% of hinged covers/screens

you know when you pull the ds screen way back till it cracks twice

is just this would be good enough for a tablet sort of feel for me, but i dont think its posisble

I bet it would open all the way if one pushes hard enough (although it may or may not work after that).

Such a broken patent system. Another reason why I will never pay for a "codec license" even if they are easy to obtain in any GNU/Linux distro. I do not see a reason to feed the trolls that threaten free software every day.

I wonder if there could be online unofficial hardware modding guides so that one could set things to fold it all the way back as in tablet mode.

We know that it is unable to open 360 degrees. We know nothing about the feasibility of modding it so that it can open this way. I think that, for now, there's no real need to discuss the possibility of modding a device that we know very little about, so little that we can only really speculate on speculations.

Lock.

EDIT: If you want to discuss modding, go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back