Does The Fuse Emulator Work?

White Demon

Sandy Wich's Boy
Website
Visit site
I can't get the spectrum emulator, FUSE, to run.

I've downloaded it three times now, and every time I try to run (from the desktop) it nothing happens.
If I run it from minimenu, it just returns straight back to minimenu without anything happening.

Am I supposed to do something else before running to make it work, or is this emulator just simply borked?

Depending on your firmware version, you may need to install the Community Codec Pack to get it running. Best thing would be to install this and the latest HotFix anyway.

Oh wow, linux dependency hell strikes again....

Thanks for that. I had installed the latest firmware earlier today, but forgot to re-install the codec pack. FUSE is working fine now.

You know, this sort of thing should be listed on the apps site/Pandora file archive, when an app depends on something else being installed to work.

It's not so bad. On the Pandora everything's either part of the firmware or is packaged in the PND itself. The Codec Pack is the only exception and contains things which ideally would've been in the firmware but couldn't be included for legal reasons. In this case, the library in question (libaudiofile) should have been in the firmware from the start and I understand one of the HotFixes took care of that.

Back