Do you think I'd make a good moderator?

Do you honestly think I'd make a good moderator?

• Total voters

Blue Protoman

Title. I will just leave it at that, aside from mentioning my great availability (at least until summer comes around).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to vote as I think the negative reasons are a little bit more cruel than I would venture.

I have nothing against your character, and heaven help me I even enjoy some of your banter, but it is my opinion that you would not be a good choice for a mod. Also I think Gruso has just sat bolt upright in his cryo chamber after having a terrifying dream.

You've been reprimanded by mods in the past. Your behaviour when you joined these boards was atrocious (though you seem to have changed a lot since then). You are young and inexperienced (many younger people tend to seek and escalate conflicts more than older ones).

The only thing you have going for you is availability. I think it would be in your own interest to spend that energy on your education instead of moderation here.

I like ya man. You add color to the place. That said, before you could be a moderator, you need to learn "everything in moderation."

I like ya man. You add color to the place. That said, before you could be a moderator, you need to learn "everything in moderation."

1+.

I really like you too BP, but I think it'll be a while before you're a mod. That said, I think that once you're ready, you'll be fantastic.

You've been reprimanded by mods in the past. Your behaviour when you joined these boards was atrocious (though you seem to have changed a lot since then). You are young and inexperienced (many younger people tend to seek and escalate conflicts more than older ones).

The only thing you have going for you is availability. I think it would be in your own interest to spend that energy on your education instead of moderation here.
Yes you are as bad as me and like 30 years younger!! :lol:

Run for student council at long island university!!,,,,,or whatever school you are attending.

Last edited:
I don't have anything against you, you don't post as much rubbish as some time ago, but also some useful posts.

I think you wouldn't be bad as a moderator, but not especially good either. ;-)

Oh and I wanted to mention I think the people who all the time make remarks about how stupid you are are stupid themselves and this spam annoys me more than you ever did.

On the contrary, I actually prefer to keep the peace.
I don't contest that, and the age argument is the one I care about the least. But as I don't know you personally, I have to decide based on some more general patterns. Surely you don't contest that most kids in your age group would make poor judges (though there are always exceptions).

And don't reverse the implication, the judgment of many older people is just as lousy. I would make a bad moderator myself. I'm much too provocative by nature.

He is our new Sam Fisher, and didn't he end up being a mod at the other place?
No, he didn't. What he has been is helpful on the Pandorawiki. Based on that (and in the absence of other information such as his conduct on these forums), I have a positive impression of his character.

But anyway, BlueProtoman is not a realistic choice because the moderator has to be someone acceptable to Craig (lest history repeat).

But anyway, BlueProtoman is not a realistic choice because the moderator has to be someone acceptable to Craig (lest history repeat).

Oh, you didn't know that Craig has given up admin/modstate after the forum was running? He cannot delete threads, ban users or say who is mod or not.

You might have the time and skills, but you posted too much garbage when you first joined for me to take you seriously.

^^Yep, to the point that Gruso (which is a really nice guy) had to ban him for a few days…

He is our new Sam Fisher, and didn't he end up being a mod at the other place?
No, he didn't. What he has been is helpful on the Pandorawiki. Based on that (and in the absence of other information such as his conduct on these forums), I have a positive impression of his character.

I quite like BlueProtoman.

Back