Do You Intend To Re-order?

do you intend to re-order?

• yes, i have re-ordered or will do shortly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, im out for good.

• no, but i'll probably order from the second batch instead.

• Total voters

Defo said:
I believe there were 200 spares in the first batch...

True but those are still needed as replacements for ones that have problems. They also might need some to send to news sites and such if they plan on doing that sort of thing just yet. They may want to wait until the system works out a couple of kinks first.

However, since they actually came out and asked people to not so charge-backs, that means that people are doing it. Not sure how many but that is effectively a cancellation. It would be pretty rude to issue a charge-back and then reorder at a lower cost, not that I'd put it past some people. I'm guessing those doing this will lose they're place in the queue but I could be wrong. Turning away customers for just about any reason is usually a bad idea. Sounds like they might be able to find others to take their place but those people would likely order from batch two anyway. I could see them going either way with that decision.

Still, since the CC reorder page hasn't gone up yet and people have the opportunity to change their minds either way, it's difficult to tell how many will reorder and how many won't (at least until we get the "Did You Reorder" poll when the CC page goes up).

Last edited by a moderator:
Frogboy said:
However, since they actually came out and asked people to not so charge-backs, that means that people are doing it.

That logic isn't comprehensible. Craig said that after someone trolled around the forums suggesting to actuate a chargeback. Why do you still beat that dead horse? Just let it rest for a moment. I really enjoy the quietness here, that has established recently.

mali said:
Frogboy said:
However, since they actually came out and asked people to not so charge-backs, that means that people are doing it.

That logic isn't comprehensible. Craig said that after someone trolled around the forums suggesting to actuate a chargeback. Why do you still beat that dead horse? Just let it rest for a moment. I really enjoy the quietness here, that has established recently.
Maybe I should have said indicates instead of means since I don't know for sure but the fact of the matter is that some people aren't going to reorder for one reason or another. It's inevitable. There is an almost 0% chance that everyone who preordered will reorder again the first time around.

I'm not beating anything and in fact, I agree, I'm glad everything has calmed down around here. I got to remember, need more smilies. :)

Frogboy said:
mali said:
Frogboy said:

Maybe I should have said indicates instead of means since I don't know for sure but the fact of the matter is that some people aren't going to reorder for one reason or another. It's inevitable. There is an almost 0% chance that everyone who preordered will reorder again the first time around.

I'm not beating anything and in fact, I agree, I'm glad everything has calmed down around here. I got to remember, need more smilies. :)

If the poll is correct (probably +/- 5 or so votes) then there should be about 215 pandoras left for other purposes. I really do wonder if they are going to use them for spares or a good head start on second batch orders.

CandidStan said:
I really do wonder if they are going to use them for spares or a good head start on second batch orders.
They definitely will need some extras for this purpose (spares). They have to know that some units won’t function properly. They almost assuredly already had these extra units in mind the first time around so I’d guess any extra units left over will go to some lucky guys and gals that missed out on the original preorder. I couldn’t tell you how they’ll decide to distribute them though. They could wait until the second batch but if they are ready to go, it wouldn’t make much sense to sit on them.

Um, well personally I know that at least one chargeback happened (no it wasn't me) and if one happened it follows that more happened. Probably plenty more, which I think is bad bad bad if Craig's bank is really slapping them with an extra chargeback fine for no particular reason.

Back