Do you have more than 1 Pandora?

Do you have more than 1 Pandora, if so how many?

• Total voters

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
I know this poll has been done numerous times before, but I'd just like to re-visit it, because I'm not 100% happy with my current Pandora...so bottom line...

I've ordered a Premium Pandora (that should arrive next month) to make me happy again. B)

Random Google image below.

panda_box3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is it that you don't like about your current unit? Is it a hardware issue? otherwise, I don't see how ordering another one will remedy the problem...

I will eventually have two, currently only have one.. waiting my Two Months™ for my second.

I have less than 1 Pandora :p

I'm just waiting for my order to come in.

Yes, i bought a used one which has several issues (I did not know that before). To support the project and to use the new one while the first one is in repair I bought a Premium.

So what is it that you don't like about your current unit? Is it a hardware issue? otherwise, I don't see how ordering another one will remedy the problem...

It's a one-nubber he got from eBay.
Yes, but that does not garuantee that there anr any problems with it.

Yes, it does; that one of the nubs is broken. And the broken nub is not covered by warranty. Also, because it's a one-nubber, it uses older parts. So the other nub will probably die at one point, the LCD cable could shit itself, and...what other hardware improvements have been made since the first 900 again?

I've got a one nubber as well, with a second one on the way. As soon as second one arrives, first one is going to be introduced to my soldering iron.

Yes, it does; that one of the nubs is broken. And the broken nub is not covered by warranty. Also, because it's a one-nubber, it uses older parts. So the other nub will probably die at one point, the LCD cable could shit itself, and...what other hardware improvements have been made since the first 900 again?

Not exactly, the one nubbers were units that used the previous nubs with a high failure rate. They were sold with them working, and it's possible that there are units out there that still work fine.

But yes, having hig(ish) failure rates for the nubs, LCD cables, etc. Would lead to the assumption hat it is a hardware issue but I wanted to be sure.

on a sidenote, have you tried getting a can of compressed air and blast it beneath the broken nub, some people have experienced wonders with this

I would say the overall build quality has significantly improved since the first 900, shoulder buttons are now right, squishy ABXY buttons are hopefully a thing of the past, those were my biggest gripes. I've seen my unit go from one of the first 100 transformed via RMA (purple screen of death) into a unit that was without a flaw other than the fact the nubs could fail at some point. I've since retired that unit with a Premium that had to be RMAd and truthfully was glad to get a dud (case faulty). The RMAd Premium was amazing, the Premiums I have in stock for the shop have not been opened, so I am yet to get a complaint on them.

Back