Do All 3,000 Units Have To Be Sold Before Production Can Start?

mazza558

I was wondering about this, as it might hold back production for a while if enough people are still unsure about preordering.

craigix said:
No, it's all starting this week.
Do you mean production, if so, wow! Sorry if this is posted anywhere, but how long will that take? Will you wait for all 3000 to be produced before shipping? Or is it hardware first, then software developing?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a long process, boards first (the new MK2 board, MK1 has served its purpose) then population, then testing, then cased, then shipped.

So starting this week are the MK2 boards, you will see photos of these and a step by step report on how everything is fitting together as we progress.

Don't worry everything will be tested as it is done so the chances of any DOA units are low.

Michael might even be going to the factory while it is happening so you can have some from the scene reports :)

craigix said:
It's a long process, boards first (the new MK2 board, MK1 has served its purpose) then population, then testing, then cased, then shipped.

So starting this week are the MK2 boards, you will see photos of these and a step by step report on how everything is fitting together as we progress.

Don't worry everything will be tested as it is done so the chances of any DOA units are low.

Michael might even be going to the factory while it is happening so you can have some from the scene reports :)
Haha, excellent! I thought my comment would be met with "lol shush" but luckily, loads of good news! It's a stupid idea I know, but try and do it semi-live. You know, like on the scene, watching the first board be manufactured with nice commentary. Oh, and loads of ULTRA high res pictures, and upload as you go. That november date seems oh-so plausible and close now :)

Say something bad happens with dodgy units, how will it be dealt with?

So when do you think the 3000 will be done? (not ready for shipping, just produced and assembled)

edit: question mark

lol, this isn't GPH we are dealing with.
I heard they had to wait for money from the actual preorders before they could start assembling.

Eversmile said:
Well, they've got my money, that's for sure!
They've got your money?! You mean you've preordered already?!?!? How come no one told me!?!?

:p

Great news thanks Craig for keeping us informed now and during the production run....one thing though, i couldn't book the day off on tuesday, any hints to when the pre-order page will be up roughly, 9am BST, 12midday or just when its done sort of thing!?

Back