DIY BACKLIGHT!

Carface

Still Fresh
Come on now its about time we had some proper information about wot we were told was going to be available way back in May!
I bought my non-backlight GP32 because I thought id be able to buy the backlight pretty soon after buying my Gp32.
Wots happening Craig have all plans for it been scrapped, is anyone working on it at the mo or dont they think its worth it?

I really hope we get some positive news on this because this is one of the GP32 owners biggest let downs if they been around the GP32 scene a while.

Please update us Craig or anyone who has any knowledge on this topic?

Thanks

First of all the GP32 is not backlit , but frontlit. Allthough I own one with FLU I have built my own FLU but have had alot of trouble finding the correct "light distribution sheet" The thin ribbed plastic that sits between the LCD the the scratch shield. The ribs are either to big, making the screen "striped". or the sheet isn't clear enough. I have been browsing the ELFA catalog, (a big swedish electronics company) but I cant afford to buy every type they have to test it :( I was thinking of making a simple guide on how the FLU works so people who don't dare tearing their GP32 appart can still have a look :)

The maker of the FLU kit for the GP32 is HahoTech. I emailed Play Asia and GBAX about trying to contact HahoTech about offering FLU kits, as they offer replacement kits to people who damage their FLUs, but got no response from either one of them.

If you can find someone who can read and write Korean, you may be able to contact HahoTech yourself.

animator75 posted on Aug 14 2003 said:
I also emailed them about a replacement kit coz my GP32 got stepped on, but no answer :(
Grrrr, READ the manual, it says specifically no stepping on your GP32, didn't you see that? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back