Divx Codecs

shinneri

Certified Guru
Website
www.gpnewbie.com
Okay, here's my problem. I have a movie that is apparently encoded using divx 5.x, and for this reason when I try to open it in VirtualDub, an error about DX50 support comes up and it refuses to open the video. I installed the 5.x codec and it then removed my 4.12 version, so it could open in VirtualDub but I can't encode them for GPcinema. :(

So what I want to know is... is it possible to have Divx 5.x codec and DivX 4.12 codec on a computer at the same time? :unsure:

A thread discussed thousands times again and again... :rolleyes:

Yes you can, just download a codec pack on the web, there are a lot of them available.

Drumaster posted on Dec 30 2004 at 03:49 PM said:

Yes you can, just download a codec pack on the web, there are a lot of them available.

Sorry, I did search, but I didn't find anything.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
shinneri posted on Dec 30 2004 at 02:16 PM said:
Drumaster posted on Dec 30 2004 at 03:49 PM said:

Sorry, I did search, but I didn't find anything.

Thanks.

goto vcdhelp.com it is the difinitive site for anything video

B) wildo2ne

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the Nimo Codec Pack even if you uninstall it if you are having troubles from installing to many things as long as you have had both divx installed you can install then like normal in differnt directories and will work

I always install then uninstall it then reinstall the divx 4.12 and divx 5 :blink:
just becuase I can basically :p

Back