Display rotation?

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
As topic title. Can it be done? I'd like to read comics and ebooks on the Pandora, but the comix viewer doesn't want to stay in rotated mode - when you switch to the next page it's back in landscape mode, and if you switch back to your rotated page it's also back in landscape despite the option to keep rotation enabled switched on.

So my thought was - can the desktop (or indeed, X) be set to rotate? That way the viewer can do what it likes :)

D.

but the comix viewer doesn't want to stay in rotated mode .
If you check the preferences (Edit->Preferences->Display 2) of comix, then you can set the option to keep the last transformation instead of relying on the image metadata. Also View->Transform->Keep transformation.

If you check the preferences (Edit->Preferences->Display 2) of comix, then you can set the option to keep the last transformation instead of relying on the image metadata. Also View->Transform->Keep transformation.

Yes, they were the options I was talking about that don't work - the transformation is lost when I turn the page.

Edit: And now I just went back in to make sure I wasn't going mad... and it works? Weird.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, they were the options I was talking about that don't work - the transformation is lost when I turn the page.

Edit: And now I just went back in to make sure I wasn't going mad... and it works? Weird.

D.
I get randomness on my Pandora too. It actually find it endearing about the Pandora.

I remember having similar issue way way long ago on my desktop. You had to set the value, quit, and then load it up again so the value was used.

Back