Direction Pad Modification?

Zimond

Still Fresh
Hi.

I bought a BLU+ some weeks ago, its awesome but the directional pad (or stick) is annoiing! Very often when i try to press up (walk forward in doom or quake for exp.) i hit unintentionally right or left.

I think the spring within the stick is not hard enough. Has anybody looked into the GP32 and could tell me if it is possible to mod the stick a bit so its harder to move it?

i've never heard of stiffening up the joystick, but its probably not a faulty joystick. The joystick is very different from others and it does take a while to get used to. Trust me, i hated the thing for the first few days but after you get used to it, you'll love the responsiveness of it.

I agree it is annpying at first but after a while, not only do you get used to it, You start to apreciate it more then the standard joystick... especially when playing NHL 94 on Sega Genesis using Dr.MD which by the way is an amazing emulator. laterz

Yes, It does take a while to get used to but once you do it makes some games even better... I actually prefer playing Mario Tennis(GBC) on my GP32 over playing the real cart on my GBA or my GBASP... The emulated version plays worse too. :lol:

it's an 'acquired taste' - meaning it's foul, but you eventually get used to it, and maybe learn to like it. if you find you can't hit some corners, then a bit of fiddling about is needed, but other than that just a bit of practice should sort you out :)

You can try to insert a small thin rubber grommet under the pad. This would not require you to open the unit. Probably look in the plumbing section of yoir local hardware store. The only modification to the gromet would be to slice into the center so you can slide it under. If you want to be really Mickey Mouse about it just wrap a rubber band around the stick.

Back