Direct X 10 Cards Now Out

Ahem, thats not a sign of power. My 250gb hdd, wth 3 gb of RAM, and a 3.0ghz intel extreme edition w)hyperthreading & dual core, is running AGP. Great everything, but without pci-e.

Ahem, thats not a sign of power. My 250gb hdd, wth 3 gb of RAM, and a 3.0ghz intel extreme edition w)hyperthreading & dual core, is running AGP. Great everything, but without pci-e.
I'm just stating how i went all power and no multimedia :D . I'm running my budget card until i can buy a better one along with some DDR2 800.

Last edited by a moderator:
You kids have wild beasts. I have a 1.8Ghz 1.0Gb RAM desktop with a seven year old Nvidia graphics card, and a 700Mhz laptop with 128Mb RAM. Oh and one heck of a portable computer, 200Mhz dualcore with 64Mb RAM ;)

- Alex

wasnt the X series (x800xt etc) supposed to be direct x 10 but due to delays only made 9.c on vistas part?

Was thinking I'd get a new box next year or something... I'll probably have one of these, or one of its successors, in it.

Meh, I've been using my onboard GeForce 6xxx series video in my nForce 430 chipset for a while now since my 6600GT burned out. There just hasn't been much in the way of interesting 3D games recently for me, most of what I play is 2D. I'm sure I will upgrade later, esp. if UT2007 is fun, but most of my favorites run fine on here. Quake 1-3, UT classic (1999), Serious Sam, Vice City, etc. I'd like to pick up a few more FPS'es and some air combat sims later and when I do I'm sure I'll buy whatever higher-end 7xxx series adapter is economical at that point. Probably 7800GTO, as it'll fit my waterblock.

Looks crap and the Radeon R600 will spank it ;).

I was looking at these DX10 cards and the 'next gen' gaming pc's a couple of days ago and some of the power requirements are pretty scary. I can't find the requirements for the GeForce 8800GTX, but the Radeon R600 will need at least 200W for itself. Put it in xFire and throw in a Duo and you need at least 560W to power them alone. Throw in the hard drives, optical drives, RAM and a physX card and you are looking at needing atleast a 700W PSU, probably even 1000W.
I had been planning on getting such a computer sometime after xmas, but I don't have a clue where I could put it so that it is properly cooled.

naahh Nvidia all the way ;)...

plus the 8800 has a Built in Physics thing called Quantum physics!!! No need to spend £150 on a physics card now!!!

Looks crap and the Radeon R600 will spank it ;).

I hate ATI as they've yet to write decent *nix drivers. Now, I bet most of you will come running screaming "that doesn't matter to the ordinary user!", and yes, it doesn't and I've never said anything of the sort -- I'm just saying I don't like them 'cause of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back