Dingoo Vs Wiz, Which Much Worth?

mittens

Website
Visit site
No, I'm not noob, and I already have GP2x, GBA, PSP, NDSL and PMP. (Ah, and ordered a pandora 1st batch)

I just wonder which one is better to keep. Even I have quite many mobile devices, I don't want to have two GBAmicro-form-factored emulator machines.

In Korea, GamePark Holdongs just opened the pre-order with 20% discount when you return your F100 (it's just $40 worth, HA!) and they say they'll ship Wiz from April 30th.

Before order Wiz, I try to find more information about Dingoo but cannot find any machine specific information about it, still I can find:

Wiz wins: (at least they claim)
3D accellator, Arm9 533Mhz (Dingoo: 400Mz but is it Arm?), SD (Dingoo: micro-SD), OLED, 2000mA battery (6hour, Dingoo has 1700mA but how long?)

Dingoo wins:
4G internal flash (Wiz - Nand 1G), FLAC file playability, Lower price tag - $80~90 (Wiz: $200 around), Lighter weight - 110g (Wiz - 136g)

So, My qyestion is:

How long Dingoo can play without recharge? What about 3D capability or type of CPU of Dingoo?
And most of all, what is your expectation for future of each machine?

Edit: misspells

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked in the Other Consoles section? There is a mountain of discussion covering all your questions, across several threads. :)

'lulzfish' said:
MicroSD?
I would suggest getting the Wiz if you intend to use any removable flash storage. Regular SD is way better.
It depends, for example if you're using windows mobile phone, you'll need microSD more than SD. That microSD was used regulary in GP2X/Pendrive/Samsung i-320/JXD301. Adding the adaptor to microSD giver you normal SD card.

Well, I digged up some useful information from 'Other console' section.

It seems:

- Dingoo can play 7 hours with 1600mA battery
- Wiz prototype can perform almost twice better than GP2x
- Wiz seems have a bit better future but Craig believes Dingoo is also very good
- Current included emulators of Dingoo are not polished, thus they cannot compared Wiz but GP2x
(well, Wiz is not publically released yet, though)
- Dingoo's screen is quite ok

lulzfish & StreaK: Right, it depends :) but still normal SD has a little better than micro SD I believe - it has a bit larger capacity, a little cheaper and a bit much commonly used.

Thanks for helps, Gruso and other people in 'Other' section.
I'll give a shot for Wiz just like GP2x and Pandora. - all pre-orders, ha. :rolleyes:

Edit: too many smilies & missspells

mittens said:

Where did they get this information from? If it's from Dingoo themselves then I would take it with a grain of salt. I never trust official specs, especially wouldn't for a Chinese PMP.
mittens said:

This one is definitely not generally true, not for anything I've seen or heard of anyway. You'll be more likely to get 30-50% of an improvement.

In regards to storage, I think the best option is to purchase a micro sd to mini sd card apapter and use that. I am using a 4GB micro sd in said adapter and it works fine. Other people have reported that 16GB micro sd cards work too.

craigix said:
It does seem to get about 7 hours.

Would like to know more about the test, what was being ran.

Heya Exophase. Seems I'm getting an A320. Will be interesting to see how it goes. :)

zodttd said:
Heya Exophase. Seems I'm getting an A320. Will be interesting to see how it goes. :)

Port gpSP to Pandora before doing stuff on it ;P .... and Wiz if you get one =(

'Exophase' said:
'mittens' said:

Where did they get this information from? If it's from Dingoo themselves then I would take it with a grain of salt. I never trust official specs, especially wouldn't for a Chinese PMP.
'mittens' said:

This one is definitely not generally true, not for anything I've seen or heard of anyway. You'll be more likely to get 30-50% of an improvement.
Exphase: I found most that information in this thread

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47531

Yes, both - battery time and performance - should be heavily dependent on how much load on that machine, but the 7 hours seems general for Dingoo which is very impressive for chinese PMP, I agree. :)

'Exophase' said:
I never trust official specs, especially wouldn't for a Chinese PMP.
True, true. JXD301 offers also "3 hours of playing" :) but after my test i verified it, 30 minutes of playing in any emulator and battery dies. Hows that? Maybe my JXD301 was fauty, dunno... but since then i dont believe in official spec :)

When comparing a320 and the wiz don't forget OLED and the touchscreen. Those two things add value easily worth the 50-60€ or so that they have price difference.

klikklak said:
When comparing a320 and the wiz don't forget OLED and the touchscreen. Those two things add value easily worth the 50-60€ or so that they have price difference.

i thought ED mentioned touchscreen doesn't add any cost?

Xian Long said:
klikklak said:
i thought ED mentioned touchscreen doesn't add any cost?There is a difference between cost and value ;)
It may or may not cost GPH much to add a touchscreen to the Wiz, but the value added to the device is something else entirely. If you intend to play a lot of games that use the touchscreen, then that feature is valuable to you no matter what the part cost. If you have no need for the touchscreen, then it adds no value even if the part was expensive.

Now that my A320 is here, I can say for certain that the display is good, but not excellent. I haven't seen a Wiz display in person, but I have no doubt that the OLED display is brighter and has better contrast. The viewing angle on the A320 is not great, but it is certainly good enough for a handheld gaming device. It's certainly not bad at any angle you would actually use it at.

Oh, and it does have a very nice quick suspend mode which you can enable at any time, even in games. Apparantly the Wiz doesn't do this (yet). I haven't had a chance to see how well the battery holds up while in that mode though.

Touch screen and normal LCD might do not have any significant price difference.

But in this case - the screen is OLED - I have no idea wheather touch-function can affect price though OLED is definitely expensive than normal LCD.

Back