What's The Difference?

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
Hiya!
I was thinking about getting a Dingoo and I found out there's multiple type numbers but the specs look the same. All are from Shenzhen Dingoo Digital Product Company Ltd.
They are selling the Dingoo A320-1, A320-3, A320-5 and A320-9.
Can anyone tell me what the difference is and which I should get? I read some stuff about Dingoos being bricked after flashing it and such...

Thanks for any answers!

Eight Bit said:
Hiya!
I was thinking about getting a Dingoo and I found out there's multiple type numbers but the specs look the same. All are from Shenzhen Dingoo Digital Product Company Ltd.
They are selling the Dingoo A320-1, A320-3, A320-5 and A320-9.
Can anyone tell me what the difference is and which I should get? I read some stuff about Dingoos being bricked after flashing it and such...

Thanks for any answers!

I don't know about type numbers...but this is what you ought to look for in the Dingoo you buy...

1. It should have the paw print on the back.
2. It should be a 4G model (some are 2G, you don't want that)
3. It should NOT contain the letters "HK" anywhere in the serial number. Those that do are intended for use/sale only within China/Hong Kong, and seem to have been intentionally crippled to be less functional.

That's what I know about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! But... How do I know which I'm getting? I have no clue about how to distinguish a 2G from a 4G, how to know if there's a paw sticker on the back or if HK is or isn't in the serial number.
Which resellers can be trusted to sell me the genuine thing?

Eight Bit said:
Thanks! But... How do I know which I'm getting? I have no clue about how to distinguish a 2G from a 4G, how to know if there's a paw sticker on the back or if HK is or isn't in the serial number.
Which resellers can be trusted to sell me the genuine thing?
Seeing as you are in the Netherlands, I'd recommend you to "dingoo.co.uk" Andy is a good guy there, and those are the kind of Dingoo's he says he has, and I believe him on it.

If you order from him, let him know I sent ya. Tell him he'd recognize me from "dingoonity.org"

Of course, if you went with anyone else, you'd be taking your chances...BUT, you could always email the re-seller and ask those questions. If I were you...if I went thru anyone other than Andy, I'd make meeting those conditions a requirement of the sale - and full money refund if those qualifications are not met, because it would mean you were getting a Dingoo that was potentially not as good as it ought to be.

As to how you distinguish...

When you get the game, in the box...look at the box from the top and flip it once to your right - flip that side so you can read it.
The 4G box should be checked. the serial number will be in the bottom right...it should NOT contain the letters "HK" - it will contain "A320WH" or "A320BK" depending on which color you got, white or black - the rest should be all numbers.

THEN, when you take the actual game unit out of the box, flip it over on it's back, so that you are looking not at the screen, but the back of the unit...there should be a large paw print on the reverse side.

If ALL those things are as I said...then you got a really GOOD Dingoo.

Like I said, seeing as you are in EU, I'd go thru Andy at dingoo.co.uk
If you were in the States, like me, I'd send ya thru Justin at dingoo-digital-usa.com

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
No prob....always glad to help someone out - and hopefully, you will get, and enjoy, your Dingoo.
I know you will if you order from where I said, because you're assured of getting one of the good ones.

Hi all,

I really want to get one of these but dingoo.co.uk are out of stock for the moment and I'm in a hurry!
I've found a reasonable offer on ebay with this description:

Model CVFH-N03-4G-BLACK Portable Game Unit

Looks good but I can't clarify if it has a paw print on the back.. all I'm interested in is running my own code so my question is, will this do the job?

The paw print is not a reliable indicator of what model you'll get, so I wouldn't worry about that. AFAIK, the "HK" serial numbered devices had issues flashing custom firmwares, but that's now resolved. The only ones not to get are the domestic Chinese models with 2GB storage and a lower capacity battery.

The 4G in the serial number would suggest it's 4GB, so you should be fine :)

http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2009/04/dingoo-by-any-other-name.html

Back