GP32 Devkitarm And Sdl For Gp32 (again!!)

kidchaos2k6

Still Fresh
Hello and greetings to the scene!

I know this have been discussed for a long time, but i would like to open again the topic...

It is possible to compile and work with Chui SDL libraries for the GP32 with the latest version of devkitarm ¿19? (arm-elf with gcc 4.01)???

I have been trying for some time to compile them and it seemed that it was only compatible with 3.x gcc versions... Compiling the libraries from sources with the arm-elf version of devkitarm seems to work ok.... but any application trying to create a surface or load some bmp crashes without pity :( ...

I would like to port the beat2x sources to the gp32, asthey compile ok... but it seems impossible to make it work without some SDL support... :( :( :(

Any suggestions, please??

He, He,..

Well, the thing is that i dind't get any compiler/linker error, and i could execute the fxe without problem until the moment i tried to load the bmp,png,... But yesterday i realized of my BIG BIG mistake, it seems that, even the fxe is in the gpmm directory, you have to use the full path to access the files for IMG_Load and such ("./gpmm/etc/heyhey.bmp")... :blink: Maybe i read in some post some time ago but i totally override it... :huh:

Should I have known before....

Hope to bring news soon...

He, He,..

Well, the thing is that i dind't get any compiler/linker error, and i could execute the fxe without problem until the moment i tried to load the bmp,png,... But yesterday i realized of my BIG BIG mistake, it seems that, even the fxe is in the gpmm directory, you have to use the full path to access the files for IMG_Load and such ("./gpmm/etc/heyhey.bmp")... :blink: Maybe i read in some post some time ago but i totally override it... :huh:

Should I have known before....

Hope to bring news soon...

I had the same mistake too.

Can you post the binaries of the SDL libraries for DevKitARM R19?

Thanks

(Sorry for my bad english)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops,

Sorry I didn't saw there were new posts!!

I downloaded the called (A600) SDL++ libraries from gp32spain:

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/downloads.p...name&page=2

Also I have been doing some advances with a quick port of a beat2x to the gp32 via SDL. Right now is almost working... But don't expect that all the included libs are working... ogg didn't work for me

I have added Ogg support (Gptremor) to SDL_Mixer patching the devkitarm libraries with the needing libraries from SDL++ (libm, libc,...), and it worked!!! But right now the frame rate totally fell off!! :blink: My first version playing WAVs worked at 15 fps... but now its around 3-4fps... And i have no clue where I can continue from here!!! There are too many libs, and each one have been recompiled in differents ways... Maybe i will have to start again from scratch...

You can download the last version from this post
http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread....0151#post530151

P.S: Do not excuse for your english, mine is worst ... and i get on with it :p

Back