Devil 64 Newest News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so someone made a video and a bunch of pictures and ran them through a Wiz picture viewer and claimed to have pulled off a miracle.

Whatever.

I wonder if NWorksDev and CrazyRetro went to school together. They seem to be working from the same playbook:

1. Post a video on Youtube, then delete it.
2. Say it's coming in a few months.
3. Claim it's not fake.
4. Claim you wrote it, then say that other developers did.
5. Say you're not going to release it because people are being mean to you.
6. Insist on a closed beta only for people who believe.

I'm still waiting for this from CrazyRetro: http://twitter.com/nworksdev/status/6835928110

lol.

2100$ ?
Is this not a little much ?

No Problem there, i dont want money, and i do not want any "money pot" for such programm.

Today we sitting together on eavening.
Rest i will bring the binarys to alpha, and than you can understand, what i am like to say, and not can say.
Its hard for me to explain sonthing about, more harder, this to do in english.

Just, please, give us some time.
Please dont forget about this : this video , never was made to bring such a release, here in this forum
or bring such posts like this. if i have know this before i post the video, i never postet it.

just, first let us make.
You will become your binary, i promise - trust me.
I not post such shit about things the never released, that will be make no sence.
so, at the time, we have released, there is enugh stuff to talk about.

this time is coming, so please, dont crash all about befoure anything here, to talk about.
Updates or sonthing, i let post by evil dragon, not by me, becourse, he can do better videos than me,
and he is known by all of you, also, he is one of the alpha testers, that want to take a look to this
and want to report here to this, that s what hey write to me, and so i let him do this, to the time
we are ready.

the alphas will not take to much time, so i think 1 or 2 weeks.

@ the question about the frames :
you need to know :
n64 = 25 fps.
an emulator or running system have it s own counter. you cant bring the grafik over 25, but the system is running that.

I have ask my frind, to post here sonthing, he mean, after the binarys, he will explain, how, and why it works.
but first, we let bring evil dragon an post here, for this.

befoure, i dont see the need, to talk about things, that alone based on a video, that never made to be in such public.

CR

CrazyRetro said:
I have ask my frind, to post here sonthing, he mean, after the binarys, he will explain, how, and why it works.

Why don't you tell us something useful?

Running mupen64plus on Pandora, the L2 cache miss rate is around 1 million per second. Since the Wiz has no L2 cache, the miss rate is going to be much higher. I don't have a Wiz, but Exophase has measured the cache miss penalty at around 72 cycles.

How are you running N64 full speed on Wiz, with it spending several hundred million cpu cycles in memory wait? That's some amazing optimization. How'd you do it?

Since you, or your friend Rolf, got Devil 64 running full speed on Wiz, surely you know the answer to this. What is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ari,

please, let me make the follow :

first, let me talk and test today with rolf together,
today is a big plan of many things to test and to do.

than, we make a binary, for the alpha testers.
and i have give rolf the url to this forum, he will post soon, i think he can better explain how what works, and
why. It s a different way to Ultra HLE or sonthing other "emulator", i cant explain this correkt, so the questions that will be asket to me, i cant awnser them all, indeed, i always call "direkt X" a driver, (i know it issnt a driver, but i call it so, and, other than say to me, this is not a driver - i know such things, but first, my english in writing is poor (sonthing here, also not to understand for me, so, like i say , my english is just scool and a little more - not perfekt) how will i explain such complicatet things, with this writing, i only think about the right words, to explain so far i understand the system.

the ground work and the bus / cpu system, is not made by me. i think, that my frind can better explain this (also in a prefect english) not like me.

and he have say :
there is nothing to say, only to do, and to release an alpha, and let other peaple of the communety to write about the projekt. for the questions, why it is running, and how this is made, he will post further.

please give us this time, indeed, i am the wrong person, to explain a system, that s not written by me. i only made the gui, have some inis, and make the controls, and on pc early i made the sound. nothing more. the CPU and same, are not my part.

i dont want to miss understand in this. that s also the point, i dont awnser things, i dont know. all i know is, this system is portable to any and there is no big problem with. more, i will be see and here today eavening. the ground system on 2000 was also not by me alone, and the idea to make this System, was the idea of my frind, only to show (early, i say , 2000 and earlyer) some nintendo 64 users, that a pc can display this better than a n64. There also the point is, he have the know how about the n64 indeed - also about the software in the roms. there is one of the points, to make this possible. but please dont ask me that, i dont know it.

my illusion was :
make an port on the wiz (the ground was linux system) and look if it work, and it works.
but the complicationes they after this come, i dont can handle. also one of the points that gameplay crashs
and sonthing other. for my questions to the maker, was the only awnser :
the way you choos to port this, issnt fit, that cant really run, or fix some issues, they must be a new way maket, to handle this. it s possible, that is not the point, i only take the wrong way, so my version is full of issues and problems. the most of this, will be fixet today, rest i will see.

so, please, take the time, and not do crash all, befoure a binary is out. This is the point, why i say, ED should be explain this, after he have the binary from us. At this day, surly will be sonthing explainet.

cr

With GizmoTheGreen's contribution, the pot is at $2340
I'd add money but I'm dead broke.

zhasha said:
With GizmoTheGreen's contribution, the pot is at $2340
I'd add money but I'm dead broke.

It's ok, you will never have to pay it, because the emulator does not exist!

C'mon, $2340 is a good chunk of change. If I was being offered that amount of money to make an emulator, I wouldn't sleep writing it.

Hi CrazyRetro, when could the mortals test your N64 emulators? Are you into gp32spain contest?

Hi guys from over the ocean :rolleyes:

In the german forum he said, like already mentioned, that his friend "rolf"(some kind of misantroph) doesnt want to release it to the english community anymore because of the bashing here. I think thats why he doesnt.

CR is a very nice person(crazy, indeed) in the german forums. Give them both the chance for prooveing this in a few monthes. I think ED already offered to make a video of this.

...and keep on collecting money. :p

cheers and bye

well i think we should give him the chance to prove it. he meets with rolf today, so we'll see the outcome after this weekend :)

rolf-harris.jpg

Schnatterplatsch said:
In the german forum he said, like already mentioned, that his friend "rolf"(some kind of misantroph) doesnt want to release it to the english community anymore because of the bashing here. I think thats why he doesnt.
Emulators come from the Magic Emulator Fairy. But you have to believe! If you say it doesn't exist, then he won't release the emulator!

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do...

Ari64 said:
I wonder if NWorksDev and CrazyRetro went to school together. They seem to be working from the same playbook:

1. Post a video on Youtube, then delete it.
2. Say it's coming in a few months.
3. Claim it's not fake.
4. Claim you wrote it, then say that other developers did.
5. Say you're not going to release it because people are being mean to you.
6. Insist on a closed beta only for people who believe.

I'm still waiting for this from CrazyRetro: http://twitter.com/n...atus/6835928110

I've seen a lot of hoaxes (including several ones for N64 emulators, going way back to ones claimed for both Dreamcast and PS2 when the respective systems were in their prime) and these actions are all pretty common.

Nonetheless I still believe there's a possibility CrazyRetro really is being duped by a separate guy (despite his own name being on the emulator). Otherwise promising it to people like ED that are obviously not in on the scheme would be really stupid. But these hoaxes always seem really stupid anyway. For instance:

CrazyRetro said:
@ the question about the frames :
you need to know :
n64 = 25 fps.

bzzzzzt no
N64 = whatever rate the game flips the framebuffer at. For games with a locked rate it'll be once every N vsyncs, where N is a number like 1, 2, 3, etc. So it'll only be 25fps on PAL (50 vsync/s) with fixed rate games where N = 2. For Zelda OoT N = 3, so on PAL the rate is a nice uneven 16.67fps.

The nice thing about hoaxers is that they tend to eventually try saying technical things, but they're always wrong and end up making them look worse instead.

u all no prefectly wel that u cna emu n64 on 100mhz bcuz n64 is olny 93.75mhz nd 100 is biggr then 93.75 ololololololo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back