Devil 64 Newest News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some guy just regged at the german gp2x.de board to post this
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=127388#p127388
I hope google will translate it properly.
This guy seems to be the real Rolf (lol).

IsSuE said:
Some guy just regged at the german gp2x.de board to post this
http://forum.gp2x.de...=127388#p127388
I hope google will translate it properly.
This guy seems to be the real Rolf (lol).

I read this earlier. Really funny post. Here are some of the highlights:

- Devil64 is not an emulator, but a compiler and interpreter (both, I wonder?)
- Anyone who doesn't use assembler isn't a real programmer
- Linux AND Unix are "based on GPL" (yes, Unix was FOSS from the start apparently)
- He's using DirectX on Wiz because OpenGL sucks
- 8KB of L1 dcache on Wiz is more than enough (no justification given), and besides, Wiz has 36KB of L2 cache (no it doesn't)
- And my favorite: ARM will never replace 68060 and is going to be quickly obsolete. lolz 68k

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:

- Linux AND Unix are "based on GPL" (yes, Unix was FOSS from the start apparently)
- 8KB of L1 dcache on Wiz is more than enough (no justification given), and besides, Wiz has 36KB of L2 cache (no it doesn't)
- And my favorite: ARM will never replace 68060 and is going to be quickly obsolete. lolz 68k

I wish people did these scams more often. They're very amusing. :lol:

Is diz emultr going to haz support for N64 DD?

Maybe next he will abandon this port saying that it isn't working how he wants it too and that he needs to port a different one. Maybe he could reverse engineer Corn and port that to the Wiz... :rolleyes:

absolofdoom said:
Exophase said:

I wish people did these scams more often. They're very amusing. :lol:

somuchwinrpl4.png

You guys suck.. really
Just put some trust in this poor guy - it seems legit, doesn't it?
Besides that, we still need someone to solve the DS emulation issue. Rolf made his own OS! - just imagine how good he must be at arranging 2 virtual screens on a single one! - Ah no... shit.. almost forgot, ARM is bad anyway, he probably doesn't have time to care about [at least] 2 ARMs at once then : (

JayFoxRox said:
You guys suck.. really
Just put some trust in this poor guy - it seems legit, doesn't it?
Besides that, we still need someone to solve the DS emulation issue. Rolf made his own OS! - just imagine how good he must be at arranging 2 virtual screens on a single one! - Ah no... shit.. almost forgot, ARM is bad anyway, he probably doesn't have time to care about [at least] 2 ARMs at once then : (

Sorry, but someone who wants to use Direct X on Wiz(!!) because it's better (!!) is not a smart person. And, he wants to use it on his own OS, so he is a creator of ARM WIE ("WIE Is Emulator") or something??
Don't like white fonts.

That's a translation error. He isn't using DirectX on Wiz. Here's what he said:

6.) Open GL ist stets die 2. Wahl. Mit der Schnittstelle „Direct X“ und dem dementsprechenden Treiber und Support-Prinzip, ist etwas unoptimiertes, schnelles entstanden. Es wird an und bis hin 10 Jahre brauchen, bis Linux etwas annähernd ähnliches, noch nicht einmal gleichwertiges bietet. Open GL ist generell die schlechtere Wahl, Open GL LE ist indiskutabel.

6.) Open GL is always second quality. With the "Direct X" interface and the corresponding driver and support princible something unoptimized, fast was created. It will take up to 10 years until Linux will provide something not even comparable. Open GL is always the bad choice, Open GL LE is out of the question.

Still stupid though.

Jan-Nik said:
6.) Open GL is always second quality. With the "Direct X" interface and the corresponding driver and support princible something unoptimized, fast was created. It will take up to 10 years until Linux will provide something not even comparable. Open GL is always the bad choice, Open GL LE is out of the question.

Still stupid though.

Thanks Jan-Nik, I guess I misunderstood the translation. You should hand translate for us all of the fun stuff said over ;)

Still, I thought this was a justification for an earlier comment about why DirectX was used. DirectX should have no relevance whatsoever to an emulator on Wiz, he shouldn't even be talking about it.

Exophase said:
Jan-Nik said:

Still stupid though.

Thanks Jan-Nik, I guess I misunderstood the translation. You should hand translate for us all of the fun stuff said over ;)
Okay here are my favourite parts:

Vielleicht bedarf es weder einer aufgesetzten Emulation, noch einer umständlichen Erläuterung. Ggf. ist ein Risc ein Risc ? Nähere Lösungen, wissen sicher all die Profis die sich hier auslassen, wie z.B. was ein r4300 eigentlich tut, worin er sich in seiner Befehlskette unterscheidet, und ähnliche Faktoren, die hier nicht relevant sind. Da sie eh niemand versteht. Es wäre einfacher, einen Interpreter zu setzen, denn eine volle Prozessor Emulation auf ein System aufzusetzen. (Die Firmware des Wiz, erfordert dringlichste Optimierungen, schon der „Xvid“ Codec, sollte das jedem klar machen.).
Maybe neither a fitted emulation, nor a complicated explanation is needed. Maybe a Risc is a Risc? More detailed solutions, are known by all experts that talk here, like e.g. what a r4300 actually does, in what he distinguishes himself in his chain of command, and similar factors, that aren't relevant here. Because nobody understands them anyway. It would be easier, to set up an interpreter, because setting up a complete processor emulation on top of a system. (The firmware of the Wiz, needs urgent optimization, even the "Xvid" codec, should make this clear to everyone.).

2.) Verwaltung und Verfügbarkeit bedingt sich in der Optimierung und Verwaltung gegebener Hardwarekomponenten , mit minimalem Aufwand.
2.) Administration and accessibility require themselves in the optimization and administration of given hardware components , with minimal effort.

Jan-Nik said:
Okay here are my favourite parts:

Maybe neither a fitted emulation, nor a complicated explanation is needed. Maybe a Risc is a Risc? More detailed solutions, are known by all experts that talk here, like e.g. what a r4300 actually does, in what he distinguishes himself in his chain of command, and similar factors, that aren't relevant here. Because nobody understands them anyway. It would be easier, to set up an interpreter, because setting up a complete processor emulation on top of a system. (The firmware of the Wiz, needs urgent optimization, even the "Xvid" codec, should make this clear to everyone.).

2.) Administration and accessibility require themselves in the optimization and administration of given hardware components , with minimal effort.

Can someone translate the english for me ;-)

froggyman said:
Maybe next he will abandon this port saying that it isn't working how he wants it too and that he needs to port a different one.
Actually, that was one of the first things he did. He got real excited when he found out mupen64plus was working on the Pandora, and he wanted me to help him port it to the Wiz. I suggested he try compiling it himself. Apparently that was beyond his abilities, so then he started saying that Rolf was going to make an emu for him. :rolleyes:

CrazyRetro said:
@ari64 - mupen? on wiz ?
any one try to test this ? or, better : any one have ever made a benchmark with ?

And now for the surprising conclusion:

In the meantime, CrazyRetro agreed to send the whole 300MB emulator over to ED. For for some reasons (nobody really understood) this happens really slow, so he is sending about one package of 15MB every other day.
ED also suggested sending a CD (also stating he would pay for the shipping), but for some reason that did not happen or the package was lost or whatever (seriously ever being a native speaker does not help understanding what that guy is saying).

Anyway, so the first 15MB package has arrived at EDs and here is what it contains:
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=129662#p129662

Summary:
  • it contains several .go files in a "bin" directory which could be opened using Sibelius
redrw.go = Letter From LA, 1. Lost Angels für klassisches Gitarren-Trio von Robert Chadwick
rst.go = Ideas Urban von Richard Payne
rsv.go = eine Demopartitur von Sibelius
ststup.go = Ragged Nail von Adrian Legg
  • furthermore there were some other .go files containing parts of a poem called "Break, Break, Break"
  • and a bg.dp file, which has an AFS (Dreamcast-Music) header (sadly, ED did not recognize the game)
and that's it so far.

All I can say, for a hoax that's pretty innovative, not the usual video file and player everyone expected it to be ;)

foxblock out

Could it just be the biggest files he can find on his HDD all compressed together?

He probably has a poor understanding of what equals big sized files so is having to randomly try different files until he finds enough to make a big archive.

It's sad he is still doing this and going to these crazy lengths.

craigix said:
Could it just be the biggest files he can find on his HDD all compressed together?

Naah, those Sibelius files are only a few KB big (it's just notation data like Midi).
He wrote in a different thread a while ago that he composes, so that's where he ripped them ;)

The only big one (to fill the space) was the DC-Music file :)

Last edited:
forces/before said:
I'm looking forward to play Ocraina of Time on Wiz. With Break, Break, Break on the background it's going to rule out all the other games for wiz.

I'm puzzled though - does the DC Music mean it can also emulate a Dreamcast?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back