Developer Or User?

Are you planning to develop software for the Pandora community, or just be an end user?

• Total voters

rabidpoobear said:
Xian Long said:
i'd like a third option for "maybe"s
I'd like to see what aesir says :D

He never shuts up about emulators. Emu this, emu that. I expect him to choose "Not a developer."

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not entirely sure at what point you become a developer...

I definitely see myself as an end-user for now. I am (slowly) learning python programming so who knows I might be able to do something at some point. (even if it's just creating package for some open source app)

I'm going to develop some stuff, but there's no guarantee anyone else will need it, since I'm mostly re-inventing wheels to gain programming experience.

I've already got a music player that should work on the Pandora, and I might make some PDA / schedule-keeping software if I don't like what's already out there.

Oh, and I'm also planning to make a soundboard program that lets you play arbitrary sound effects. I don't know how to describe it, other than, "It will let you quote Internet memes flawlessly".
If you've ever seen a Flash-based soundboard, it will be something like that, but with multiple categories for different sound packages, so you can play multiple memes sequentially without going to an entirely different program.

But that's all I have planned.

id like to get into developing, make a few mini games, nothing special, just to say, yeah i learned opengl this week, and made this little game.

Xian Long said:
and a fourth "both" or just a multiple responses

lulzfish said:
Oh, and I'm also planning to make a soundboard program that lets you play arbitrary sound effects. I don't know how to describe it, other than, "It will let you quote Internet memes flawlessly".
lmao like killer ap bro dude fucking memes man high 5!!

DroneB Dev said:
Xian Long said:
and a fourth "both" or just a multiple responses
Hmm, we need "neither", "official OP team member", "über 1337 h4XX0r", "43.75% dev, 56.25% normal user" "IT support guy" and "McDonalds certified burger flipper" as well.

Or shouldn't we maybe just leave the options as they are so that we can get something statistically sound that you can actually make trends of and get useful unambiguous information out of for once?

Well, obviously I'll play a lot.
But I plan on using it for programming on the fly, and taking notes during university lessons.

By the way, Microsoft offers a suite of tools for touchscreen-enabled Windows devices. Apps for drawing, writing, and a combination of writing/drawing/typing... That would be very nice to have for the lesson-notes thing... I am not sure if is there anything like that for Linux yet. If there is nothing like that available, then I think this could be my first approach on a Pandora-oriented development

Anyway, yeah... Game development my personal goal... Never made one, so I plan to learn and practice on the Pandora.

I would love to say I'd be a developer, however, I have to go with just a user. I've been a software developer for the past 11 years working with Turbo Pascal, Visual Basic 5/6, and Foxpro. I've looked at Python and even done some very basic stuff outputing to the immediate window but it's a far cry from anything I've worked with in the past or present. I wished I would have been exposed to more C but we just barely skimmed it in college. So, with that said, I'll be a user and looking forward to the many talented developers showing off their stuff! :D

I have been learning Python/Pygame and have been developing a game that just so happens to have a screen resolution of 800x480.
I've a Dev [of sorts]. An undeserving one as far as the early shipping Pandoras are concerned. I'll wait.

I've got God-knows how many games in my head, most of which are probably too ambitious for me to do. However, I do plan to develop. I've got a feasible idea for a small game and I have an idea for a cross-platform math utility that I would definitely bring to the Pandora if I ever make it.

I intend on learning to develop on the Pandora, it'll be my platform for that. And I expect some good times playing games, maybe multiplayer with my sibling (somehow :lol: )
So yeah, I'll be developing.

Not a developer, I'm afraid - I've never been able to get my head around programming of any sort. :p

Back