Developer Merchandise?

devfan

Still Fresh
hi ive been reading these forums for while and came up with an awesome idea. we all know it is the devs who made the gp2x what it is, so why not sell developer merchandise to help get money for developers.

itd be cool to be able to buy a developer t shirt, or a cardboard cut out of your favourite developer. maybe even have a service to engrave your pandora with a photo!

Why not take it a step further. Let's organise a fundraising lottery with a spectacular prize pool!

SECOND RUNNER UP: Professional photo shoot with your favourite dev, complete with studio makeup, soft focus lenses and signed prints.

FIRST RUNNER UP: Dinner date with your favourite dev.

MAIN PRIZE: Children sired by your favourite dev.

Cardboard cutout was a joke (i think), but T-shirts really aren't a bad idea. Now a days they're really cheap to make, and could be a really good fundraiser.

Great idea. Now to find someone to manufacture my Adolf Schwarznigger (A_SN) action figure... Basically Adolf Hitler's face on Arnold Schwarzenegger's body, except all black and with Mr. T's bling.

Now to find some cool punchlines its integrated loud speaker could say..

-Seig Heil, sucka!
-I pity the jew
-Your jews. Give them to me. Now

Hm.

How about just t-shirts of the games that they create. I'm not to sure I would want a t-shirt of Notaz, Yaun and Quasist having a beer.

I'm not drinking beer :)

Selling "Original Sound Tracks" on CompactDisc is not fair me too
After censorship laid on my underground music album named "Artefacts of Dead Teachers" by FSB (what was KGB in soviet union) i'm trying to avoid any music activity

Guyfawkes said:
why not just hand over all the cash to developers instead of loosing money on buying stupid t-shirts and caps.
But.. but.. an Exophase cap would just go so well with my Orkie shirt and my Star Trek ear-rings! Did I mention someone spraypainted KICK ME on the seat of my pants?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guyfawkes said:
why not just hand over all the cash to developers instead of loosing money on buying stupid t-shirts and caps.
Because geeks need clothes too. We can't all sit in dark rooms in boxers hunched over our Pandoras all day. (Hm, I'd need to get some boxers... I've always heard girls look hot in boxers ;) )

T-shirts, mugs and caps aren't a bad idea. Some people appreciate wearing geeky shirts, and that doesn't prevent other people from just donating directly. The problem is the best way to make more money on shirts and such is to order in bulk, and then someone has to store all these shirts. I use Cafepress for shirt printing, but unless you sell quite a lot, you don't make much per shirt. However, it saves you the hassle of maintaining stock, reordering, mailing things to people, handling credit cards.

I would consider helping with the shirt design if some of the devs want to offer such things for their games.

Firefox said:
quasist said:
Notaz Action Figure will make YOUR life happy :)
Complete with realistic typing, swearing and cheering sound effects! ;)

I would buy that. As well as Squidge, Reesy, and Zod action figures.

They'd need to come packaged with little consoles that represent what they've done emus for. So Squidge would come with an arcade cabinet, SNES, etc. Notaz would come with a Sega Genesis decked with the Sega 32X (since he plans to add that capability) and the Sega CD. And Zod would come with a PS1, N64, and an iPhone with iControlPad. ;)

I would totally buy that.

-God Ginrai

I didnt mean to bump up the topic earlier, it was linked on IRC as yet another stupid post on the forums and I thought it was current. I still stand by my suggestion of not bothering with tshirts and other tat, just give the full $10 or whatever to the dev fund, better than the $1 or $2 after paying for the tshirt from cafepress or similar. it is not like you are not getting anything in return, you are getting the software devs make.

Back