Democrats Take Control Of Congress

• Thread starter dcgms_parachute_account_
  • Start date

Don't make a dodge at what I'm saying because "i don't have any political views of my own". I'm a very capable individual who doesn't give a crap about my parents potical views.

What if we wouldn't have gone into Iraq? We'd still have this crazed Lunatic running a country that kills his own people for his own gain. I don't know if you remember this, but we have found some dirty weapons in Iraq, and don't go spitting out "well CNN (aka Clinton News Network) didn't say anything about it, so It's not true".

We were only in WWII for such a short time because of complete obliteration of the enemies, and if you know anything about WWII we were controling Japan and Germany more strict then we are with Iraq for 15-20 years.

This isn't just a war with Iraq, it's a war on TERROR .
You're so ignorant I don't know where to begin. First of all, read up on ISOLATIONISM. We weren't controlling them, we had strict policies against getting involved in foreign affairs. Jesus ;)

Second, it never was OUR place to get involved in iraq, or to capture saddam for that matter. WOMD were NEVER FOUND, and that's a fact. CNN is not the only news network out there kiddo, and anyone who watches and listens to one station is a fool.

This is no longer a war on terror, it's a war for money.

@Mudi: The economy is very flexible. Small businesses will have to adapt and survive, or be ousted. That's life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't make a dodge at what I'm saying because "i don't have any political views of my own". I'm a very capable individual who doesn't give a crap about my parents potical views.

What if we wouldn't have gone into Iraq? We'd still have this crazed Lunatic running a country that kills his own people for his own gain. I don't know if you remember this, but we have found some dirty weapons in Iraq, and don't go spitting out "well CNN (aka Clinton News Network) didn't say anything about it, so It's not true".

We were only in WWII for such a short time because of complete obliteration of the enemies, and if you know anything about WWII we were controling Japan and Germany more strict then we are with Iraq for 15-20 years.

This isn't just a war with Iraq, it's a war on TERROR .

In other news, I am a conservative libertarian, and really both parties have managed to disgust me in big ways as of late. About this election, I've noted how the democrats are riding into congressional majorities by getting a bunch of moderate candidates elected (some of their candidates are more conservative than their republican counterparts), which I think is a good sign. Unfortunately, the democrat leadership (Pelosi/Reid) is way too left-wing for my tastes. I don't know what to think so far.

I completely agree with that right there.

Saddamn is 67-69 years old. There is no reason that the states could not just have waited until he dies and installed a dictator then, like they are planning to do when Castro finally kicks the bucket in the next few years. Alternately, they could have just had him assasinated. But did theyÉ, no, and whyÉ, because Bush is a war monger, thats why. Saddamn presented no threat to the states.

Oh, and fluffy, even though the states was in germany for 25 years, DID YOU SEE GERMANS BLOWING THEMSELVES UP ON BICYCLES!. No, because the states and russia had a valid reason: germany had tried to take over the world twice in 50 years. Iraq had only tried to invade kuwait, 10 years before bush came to power, and had exterminated some of its idigenous peoples.

However, before you say that we went in there to avenge the kurds, i want to point out: if the states is so bleeding hearted, why didn`t they invade Rwanda, or have they just not gotten to that àvengance```yet :rolleyes:

My point is so damn hard to get across when my keyboard won`t type qeustion marks ._.

How stupid are you? Pulling the troops out of Iraq is screwing over Iraq! We need to secure it and build it up before Syria, and everyone else kills off and takes over Iraq. And, if troops so desperately hate Bush, and what he's doing to protect Iraq they wouldn't of joined the military. Everyone I know who's been in Iraq has gone back.

All I can say is, I'm not going to change your mind, but try living with a bunch of radical AK47 wielding weirdos who think there relegion and race are better then the worlds! I'm glad to say our governor stayed Republican.

Edit:

Pelosi is raising the minimum wage and lowering student loan interest rates.

For all you young'uns out there this is a good thing :p

And higher taxes for the rest of us!

"we" need to secure it and build it? How are "we" going to do that? I guess since this shit has driven the country trillions of dollars more in debt what is a few more trillions right? Do you ever wonder who will pay for it? You may have noticed that they don't want us there. We have brought them hell over there. Do you happen to actually know how many Iraqi as well as American deaths and serious injuries Bush and his wreckless adventures have caused? Have you ever seen the pictures of Iraqi children and civilians bloody and torn up by the "freedom" that we brought them. I know the right wing media shields you from it most of the time, out of sight out of mind. I have seen pictures and it is horrific, it makes me sick. Going there in the first place was "screwing over" Iraq ;)

Iraq is a quagmire and a no-win situation. Our troops are fodder for road side bombs and enemy bullets. "support our troops" ? Yeah, why don't we? Support our troops with more troops, enough to PROPERLY get the job done why don't we? Yeah, that would have required the draft. That would also have meant the demise of the Republican party along time ago as the draft would have been unpopular. But war is war right? If we REALLY felt that Saddam was such a *grave threat* then that is the sacrifice we should have made right? Afterall winning the war on terror and "saving the USA" is MUCH more important that the political hides of the Republicans or any party. Remember WWII from history class? Remember the sacrifice that the USA and yes it's citizens made for the "war effort". Remember how new cars for citizens was a luxury we did without as factories were converted to make bombs, planes and bullets? It is all to easy to shoot off the mouth when YOU don't have to go there and get shot at. In the end it comes down to the fact that we should not have gone to war there in the first place, especially with the ready-fire-aim plan of GW Bush and Co. Going to war in Iraq was not a "mistake". It was a criminal act. It is criminal against the Iraqis and our troops alike. The only winners are Haliburton, and all of the other war profiteers.

You realize that the USD is now a BANKRUPT currency right. China basically owns us now by propping us up.

The problem with the right wing is they just don't *think things out*. They think in slogans and catch phrases but no long term.

Higher taxes? Well yeah maybe if you make 1/4 million or more a year. In that case I don't feel sorry for you, you can afford it. That "tax cut" was a ruse for the simple minded anyway. They give you $500 back at the end of the year to buy your vote. Then big oil pumps up the price of gas, The Bush admin makes it illegal to buy bulk drugs so the pharmaceutical company can gauge you, and health care goes through the roof. So now your bribe... I mean "tax cut" of $500 doesn't look so good now that you are paying $1500 more for everything else ;) You have been TRICKED.

The reason the Democrats won is because we are just FED UP with the lies, hipocrisy, corruption, and just plain arrogant disregard for the citizens of this country and the WHOLE WORLD. Enough is enough. I am just suprised it took this long. Hey better late than never, good riddens.

To those saying same shit new faces or whatever that is just ignorant. Not to say that the Democrats are perfect but they are much better option than the single party rule rubber stamp congress that we had.

The first *MUSLIM* was elected too (Democrat of course). How do you like them apples? I think it is GREAT. I am not religious at all but at least I now have faith that many of us can think for ourselves, and don't fall for Bush's hate mongering anymore. If your brain is big enough you will see that many Americans aren't as stupid as Bush makes out to be and hoped we were. The bigoted Republicans wouldn't have done that. Ha Ha HA FUCK YOU BUSH!!!

How stupid are you? Pulling the troops out of Iraq is screwing over Iraq! We need to secure it and build it up before Syria, and everyone else kills off and takes over Iraq. And, if troops so desperately hate Bush, and what he's doing to protect Iraq they wouldn't of joined the military. Everyone I know who's been in Iraq has gone back.

All I can say is, I'm not going to change your mind, but try living with a bunch of radical AK47 wielding weirdos who think there relegion and race are better then the worlds! I'm glad to say our governor stayed Republican.

Edit:

Pelosi is raising the minimum wage and lowering student loan interest rates.

For all you young'uns out there this is a good thing :p

And higher taxes for the rest of us!
FUCK YOU! There were no terrorists in Iraq until bush invaded it. :angry:

DaveC: Well said. I wonder what his rebuttal will be...

"Weapons of mass destruction WERE found there!"

:lol:

Omars: I know you're passionate man, but try to keep it civil :rolleyes:

There wren't "terrorists" per se, but there were several thousand years worth of infighting between the Shiites, Suni's and Kurds. Of course, the entire middle east has been embroiled in religious and sociological problems for several thousand years, so why would bush just pick iraq if he was going there to "fix" these problems? :rolleyes:

Well well well. You've all proven what my cold cynical heart has suspected for years;

None of us can get along.

Here we are, a collective group of nerds and geeks who share a common love for obscure Korean handhelds and look what happens ... we've got a (reportedly) devout Muslim spouting obscenities, as well as bickering and name-calling from every angle (DCGM, how can you ask someone to be civil when you accused another person of being under-aged and basically idiotic?? (post #13))

Disagreements always escalate to violence, on the small scale with individuals, and on the global scale (calling them wars or 'police actions') I feel that things will only get worse until we (the human race) finally kill each other off and a new dominant form of life takes over the planet. Probably cockroaches ... they've sure been around long enough, and are smarter than most people I know.

This has been an entertaining read thus far ... please continue :lol:

I don't believe I've been disrespectful or cursed at anyone. I will not however, stand by while someone who is too young to understand what's going on in the world talks out of his ass and judges me for having principles he cannot understand. Someone who thinks WoMD were indeed found :lol:. It's pathetic, really.

Politics and religion are both extremely sensitive subjects, and always have been. I agree however, that we will eventually kill each other off. And I hope it does happen, and we can possibly start fresh. This is no way to live :(

But back on topic.

I disagree with you on age, DCGM, it all how you are brought up. I'm 16, but moderatly intelligent, and was brought up in a household that taught me freedom of thought from a very young age. I've read parts of mien Kampf, and the Communist manifesto (an interesting read, that, especially when you compare it to the reality of how communism was applied in russia), and i can converse intelligently on politics. So, please, not all youth are as blind and obviously strung-along as he is. :eek:

I don't believe I've been disrespectful or cursed at anyone. I will not however, stand by while someone who is too young to understand what's going on in the world talks out of his ass and judges me for having principles he cannot understand. Someone who thinks WoMD were indeed found :lol:. It's pathetic, really.

By the way, they were, but they were the old not-interesting pre-gulf-war kind. This was just from this last summer in an AFP story. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/22/0...5.07o4imol.html

I disagree with you on age, DCGM, it all how you are brought up. I'm 16, but moderatly intelligent, and was brought up in a household that taught me freedom of thought from a very young age. I've read parts of mien Kampf, and the Communist manifesto (an interesting read, that, especially when you compare it to the reality of how communism was applied in russia), and i can converse intelligently on politics. So, please, not all youth are as blind and obviously strung-along as he is. :eek:
I was 16 when I took my first political science course. Keep in mind that 16 yr olds and 13 yr olds have completely different mindsets. Did you read those books when you were 12 or 13? Doubtful.

@Mudi: Those posed no danger to anyone, and they werent what the US had gone into Iraq to find in the first place. It's the equivalent of someone coming into my house with the intent to find swords and machetes, but instead finding completely dulled pocket knives from the late 1800s.

I didn't say they were a threat, I specifically called them the not-so-interesting kind. I was just pointing out where others in this thread had gotten ideas from :)

By the way, they were, but they were the old not-interesting pre-gulf-war kind. This was just from this last summer in an AFP story. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/22/0...5.07o4imol.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THOSE are WMD? As in what? Weapons of Mud and Dirt? :lol:

It looks like they are unearthing old T-Rex bones :p The only way those are dangerous is if you trip over one and break your neck ;)

I guess hamster read something about that and figured by commenting he'd sound intelligent and show us. I guess that's a big FAIL :lol:

Friends,

You did it! We did it! The impossible has happened: A majority of Americans have soundly and forcefully removed Bush's party from control of the House of Representatives. And, sometime today perhaps, we may learn that the same miracle has happened in the Senate. Whatever the outcome, the American people have made two things crystal clear: End this war, and stop Mr. Bush from doing any more damage to this country we love. That is what this election was about. Nothing else. Just that. And it's a message that has sent shock waves throughout Washington -- and a note of hope around this troubled world.

Now the real work begins. Unless we stay on top of these Democrats to do the right thing, they will do what they've always done: Screw it up. Big Time. They helped Bush start this war, and now they should make amends.

But let's take a day to rejoice and revel in a rare victory for our side -- the side that doesn't believe in unprovoked invasions of other countries. This is your day, my friends. You have worked hard for it. I can't tell you how proud I am to count all of you as part of the greater American mainstream we now occupy. Thank you for all the time you gave this week to get out the vote. Some of you have been at this since the large demonstrations of February 2003 when we tried to stop the war before it started. Only 10-20% of the country agreed with us at that time. Remember how lonely that was? Some people were even booed! Now, 60% of the country agrees with our position. They are us and we are them. What a nice, strange, hopeful feeling.

A woman, for the first time in our history, will be Speaker of the House. The attempt to ban all abortion in the conservative state of South Dakota was defeated. Laws to raise the minimum wage were passed. Democrats were elected to fill Tom DeLay's and Mark Foley's seats. Detroit's John Conyers, Jr. is going to be the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee. The Democratic governor of Michigan beat the CEO from Amway. The little township next to where I live in Michigan voted Democratic for the first time since... ever. And on and on and on. The good news will continue throughout today. Let's enjoy it. Savor it. And use it to get Congress to finally listen to the majority.

If you want to do one thing today, send an email or a letter to both of your senators and your member of Congress and tell them, in no uncertain terms, what this election means: End the war -- and don't let George W. Bush get away with any more of his bright ideas.

Congratulations, again! Now let's go find a spine for the Dems to do the job we've sent them there to do.

Yours in victory (for once!),

Michael Moore

I got that sent to me, i guess i joined his mailing list. I thought id just show you to see what every one else thought about it.

personally i think it be stupid to ull out troops from iraq for now (oh the sad irony) due to the "martyrdom" that may ensue when saddam is hung.

This means a lot for America, including some new stratagies on the War in Iraq, and quite possibly the pulling of US troops :)
Oh yeah, that´s great. And truly american.
Like:
"Oh, look at that, we invaded that country with ease, but now it costs us too much money and soldiers lifes (which is actully the same) to maintain the order there, plus it´s bad publicity.
So lets just leave that place (so we don´t have to rebuild it) and let it drop into chaos.

We´ll have the cheers from all those hippies who are too stoned to realize that this means adversity for the whole country and strengthening for the terrorism in this region.

And if things get really bad down there, we can play the good benefactors and pay them lots of money (less than what the occupation would cost) which will probably end up in the hands of corrupt politicians, but that´s not our concern."

Invading iraq was a stupid idea. Leaving it now would be catastrophic for the whole region.

I really don't see us getting out of Iraq any time soon. It is not that easy to get out. There is really not enough of a majority of the dems in house or senate. All I see is gridlock where neither party will be able to do much of anything for the next two years. The US economy has always flourished during situations like this. :)

Back