Democrats Take Control Of Congress

• Thread starter dcgms_parachute_account_
  • Start date

D

dcgms_parachute_account_

Over in the USA this is breaking news. The vote was greatly in favor of a new outlook, and so, the democratic party sweeps into both the house of representatives and the Senate (99.9% likely).

This means a lot for America, including some new stratagies on the War in Iraq, and quite possibly the pulling of US troops :)

Im proud to say that I voted myself, all democrat of course. This means great things I think :)

In addition, Donald Rumsfeld has resigned from office!

Down with Bush and the GOP!!!

I replied to a co-worker (who made the grave mistake of asking my political views);

"Who gives a shit which crooks get in office? Same criminals, different masks."

I've lost faith in the political machine years ago. I now fully embrace nihilism and all its self-indulgent benefits.

I replied to a co-worker (who made the grave mistake of asking my political views);

I've lost faith in the political machine years ago. I now fully embrace nihilism and all its self-indulgent benefits.

It's complacency like this that is the basis for tyranny, fascism, et cetera. If you act as nothing you're helpless to change the world, you can be sure that other people will be more than happy to change it for you.

All that is required for bad men to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's complacency like this that is the basis for tyranny, fascism, et cetera. If you act as nothing you're helpless to change the world, you can be sure that other people will be more than happy to change it for you.

All that is required for bad men to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

You misquoted a great man. For shame.

"
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

In the last Canadian federal election, a friend of mine drew a picture of Mickey Mouse on the ballot to spoil it. He didn't like any of the choices. Maybe that's an option for you TelcoLou?

Anyways, it's good to hear that the "lesser of two evils" is running shit now, but who knows how long that will go for. Next step: get rid of the "evils" part.

You misquoted a great man. For shame.

No, I don't believe I did. I took the time to look it up, and found that although the quote is often attributed to Edmund Burke, it is improbable that he actually said those words verbatim. As stated at Wikipedia:

"It may have been adapted from these lines of Burke's in his Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents (1770): 'When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.'"

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Edmund_Burke

If you're going to publicly correct someone, please make sure that you're right.

In the last Canadian federal election, a friend of mine drew a picture of Mickey Mouse on the ballot to spoil it. He didn't like any of the choices. Maybe that's an option for you TelcoLou?

I used to vote Libertarian, but got tired of making the trip down to the polls, wasting my time. Same shit as the Mickey Mouse write-in vote.

You humans have my sympathy :p

Pelosi is raising the minimum wage and lowering student loan interest rates.

For all you young'uns out there this is a good thing :p

Definitly a good choice for the American people. I wonder what will happen in Iraq when congress convenes in january. Should be a real larf. :lol:

How stupid are you? Pulling the troops out of Iraq is screwing over Iraq! We need to secure it and build it up before Syria, and everyone else kills off and takes over Iraq. And, if troops so desperately hate Bush, and what he's doing to protect Iraq they wouldn't of joined the military. Everyone I know who's been in Iraq has gone back.

All I can say is, I'm not going to change your mind, but try living with a bunch of radical AK47 wielding weirdos who think there relegion and race are better then the worlds! I'm glad to say our governor stayed Republican.

Edit:

And higher taxes for the rest of us!

Fluffyhamster: Not that a pre-teen's political views actually matter to me, but you obviously need to learn about the political spectrum in general before you mouth off to a forum consisting of people who are older than you for the most part.

My first suggestion to you would be to gain some view of your own. I know this is easier said than done, expecially while your parents are shoving their own complicated jargon and political views down your throat.

What upsets me the most is that there are plenty of others like you, who grow up without establishing their own opinions. I would suggest that you go read some books by Karl Marx, most specifically The communist Manifesto. You're probably too young to understand it, but I suggest that you crack it open at some point so you at least sound remotely educated.

First off, why do we need to protect another country? We don't. We have no place there, no matter how you cut it. Innocent men and women are dying at the hands of BUSH, not iraqi insurgents or terrorists. We've been there 3 and a half years, LONGER THAN WE WERE INVOLVED IN WWII. Time to leave.

Second, I never said troops hate Bush. Many of them are honored to serve our country, regardless of the cause.

Finally, correct your disgraceful grammar. It makes you sound like an 8 year old.

Actually, this is a terrible thing for the young'uns, at least the minimum wage part. A higher minimum wage means that businesses will not hire the young'uns because they cost too much for the business to spend on them, they will look for older more experienced workers that will most often be more cost effective. I have a good perspective on this... I live in a town in a state with the $5.15 federal minimum wage right across from a state with a $7+ miminum wage. Looking at job growth among young workers in both towns tells me all I need to know.

In other news, I am a conservative libertarian, and really both parties have managed to disgust me in big ways as of late. About this election, I've noted how the democrats are riding into congressional majorities by getting a bunch of moderate candidates elected (some of their candidates are more conservative than their republican counterparts), which I think is a good sign. Unfortunately, the democrat leadership (Pelosi/Reid) is way too left-wing for my tastes. I don't know what to think so far.

Thank you DCGM. You are completely correct. Ever notice, anyone, that there were no terrorists bombing people during saddams ruleÉ Thats because THEY ARE ONLY BOMBING THE AMERICANS, TRYING TO TELL THEM TO GTFO! The amount of people who fail to see this sneaky little tactic on bush`s part both scares and amazes me <_<

Actually, this is a terrible thing for the young'uns, at least the minimum wage part. A higher minimum wage means that businesses will not hire the young'uns because they cost too much for the business to spend on them, they will look for older more experienced workers that will most often be more cost effective. I have a good perspective on this... I live in a town in a state with the $5.15 federal minimum wage right across from a state with a $7+ miminum wage. Looking at job growth among young workers in both towns tells me all I need to know.
?

If they need help, they hire who's applying. The minimum wage is the minimum they have to pay in general, not just to young workers....

Don't make a dodge at what I'm saying because "i don't have any political views of my own". I'm a very capable individual who doesn't give a crap about my parents potical views.

What if we wouldn't have gone into Iraq? We'd still have this crazed Lunatic running a country that kills his own people for his own gain. I don't know if you remember this, but we have found some dirty weapons in Iraq, and don't go spitting out "well CNN (aka Clinton News Network) didn't say anything about it, so It's not true".

We were only in WWII for such a short time because of complete obliteration of the enemies, and if you know anything about WWII we were controling Japan and Germany more strict then we are with Iraq for 15-20 years.

This isn't just a war with Iraq, it's a war on TERROR .

In other news, I am a conservative libertarian, and really both parties have managed to disgust me in big ways as of late. About this election, I've noted how the democrats are riding into congressional majorities by getting a bunch of moderate candidates elected (some of their candidates are more conservative than their republican counterparts), which I think is a good sign. Unfortunately, the democrat leadership (Pelosi/Reid) is way too left-wing for my tastes. I don't know what to think so far.

I completely agree with that right there.

?

If they need help, they hire who's applying. The minimum wage is the minimum they have to pay in general, not just to young workers....

I never said they only have to pay that to young workers. You are making the common mistake of assuming that small businesses can pull unlimited money out of nowhere to meet the minimum wage... older workers are much more cost-effective as the minimum wage goes up, and young workers are more likely to get laid off or not hired in the first place.

Businesses will have to readjust, but that's happened before. Once the minimum wage level is federally mandated, your example won't really apply.

Minimum wage has been stuck at $5.15 for over a decade, whereas politicians have voted to give themselves raises how many times? What if the minimum wage rate was directly proportional to the salaries of government officials?

Businesses will have to readjust, but that's happened before. Once the minimum wage level is federally mandated, your example won't really apply.

Minimum wage has been stuck at $5.15 for over a decade, whereas politicians have voted to give themselves raises how many times? What if the minimum wage rate was directly proportional to the salaries of government officials?

Raising minimum wage to $7.00 wont really do much, because most jobs i've seen already pay you 6-7 dollars an hour.

Back