Dedoimedo Reviews the Pandora !!

And from other threads, I understood that Notaz has stopped work on Android and no other developer has picked it up. I assume at some point the reviewers will check out the forum. Probably won't help the review. Ultimately, I think the wifi will end up being a bigger issue. The reviewer seems to do a pretty even-handed job, but he is definitely pointing out the warts that are complained about here.
Well then Android shouldn't be advertised in the way it is :p

"When you pop open the box, you will notice the front wall reads: Pandora's Box has just been opened. O-la-la, humor."

LOL :D

No Playstation, no C64, no Amiga, no NubNub, no PewPew2, no SuperGeometryDust etc....... he does not include the best parts in the article about gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end he tell that maybe it can do a sequel. Anyway he told many times that is difficult and tiring to read the display, while I have no problems at all even reading the terminal at 1 meter of distance, does he use glasses ?

No Playstation, no C64, no Amiga, no NubNub, no PewPew2, no SuperGeometryDust etc....... he does not include the best parts in the article about gaming.
Obviously you cannot review all of these things in a single article unless you want to write 20 pages of it. And you can't expect him to test everything that's on the repo. His review is already much more in depth than most of what we got before.

Dedoimedo's second part review is available !

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/pandora-part-2.html
After reading:
Yet another small issue I had was with the volume icon suddenly changing its shape and becoming the signal thingie instead of a speaker thingie. Not a big one, but then the devil and his mother in law are in the little details.
two wishes came up in my mind: A comments section on his article pages and a better Icon for the mixer icon on the taskbar.

Looking at the games he chose, I would say he isn't very interested in emulation and chose games he already knew from his (rather sparse, I assume) gaming history on a PC.

rather sparse, I assume
Wrong assumption. He is a solid gamer and you should check his gaming articles too.

A comments section on his article pages
He is not interested in having comments on his page and I kind of understand, once you see the bullshit people write sometimes. In the end you just waste time moderating or fighting over useless things. He does read when you write him emails, though. ANd usually answers.

The review is nice, but as you mentioned it in a article on PandoraLive, Pandora scene is evolving fast and this article, even if brand new, looks a bit outdated. No "modern" gaming, only retro oriented. That's a shame. There are many up-to-date games on the repo.

Wrong assumption. He is a solid gamer and you should check his gaming articles too.
He even has dedicated section for games :rolleyes: No interest in his articles though

He is not interested in having comments on his page and I kind of understand, once you see the bullshit people write sometimes. In the end you just waste time moderating or fighting over useless things. He does read when you write him emails, though. ANd usually answers.
But a comment section can also be a chance, to get immediate response, like "No icon got messed up, its just a rather suboptimal choice for the mixer icon to have "waves" on it". But thats his decision of course.

Back