Problem With L And R Buttons

ASB

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Ive just got my GP32 blu, and while playing GPdoom I noticed a problem with the shoulder buttons. You have to press the right shoulder button so hard it makes you finger bleed.

Anyone else had this problem, and is there a way to fix these annoyingly stiff buttons.

Thanks

Yeah, I had the same problem with my BLU. Its to do with the little metal springs just under the L and R buttons. In the new BLU's the metal is really cheap quality, When I tried to re-adjust them they just snapped. Thankfully I still have an old-unlit version so I nicked the better springs out of that and put them in my BLU. They are much better.

In order to get yours working, you need to adjust the angle of the spring. Yours at the moment are not right which means they do not make proper contact with the micro switch. You need to bend them down abit, but be very careful. Like I said the springs are really cheap and snap real easy.

It might be better to have bleeding fingers than no shoulder buttons.

If it's new, there's a problem with it and you should take it back. If it isn't, try opening up the GP32 and placing some padding under the button.

yeah folded paper is the best way to fix it and you dont have to worry about the spring braking. I did it to both of my buttons so they wouldnt bend down just rember to put more under the side that hits the micro switch.

I was going to use folded paper, but it was hard to get just the right amount. I decided to bend the springs for now and put paper in no more than a week later when they will probably need readjusting. That was back in mid-September, and it still works fine.

FabreNZ posted on Dec 25 2004 at 01:38 AM said:
If it's new, there's a problem with it and you should take it back. If it isn't, try opening up the GP32 and placing some padding under the button.

Returning it would not be a good idea either. Chances are you would get one with buttons that are just as bad, and get a screen with a bad pixel. I fixed 3 BLUs for friends that bought them as every last one of them had dodgy shoulder buttons. When I got mine it had a dodgy shoulder button. I think they are all like that. I just opened them and bent out that little metal piece and they work perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
My BLU L and R buttons are much better than on my ex-FLU.

I think there are different quality of BLU, different factory where they are made. :)

The fabrication quality of my BLU is excellent. :)

craigix posted on Dec 25 2004 at 12:23 PM said:
This problem is fixed on the BLU+ they have redesigned the way they work.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
Do you confirm there are different fabrication qualities for the normal BLU?

And are the BLU+ better quality than the "good" normal BLU?

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't get the amount of paper right so i decided to bend the springs. it works fine now, still a bit stiff but I can live with it.

I have the old BLU, ordered it from GBAX months ago.

Im glad ive got the old one because of what ive heard about the BLU+ LCD.

Back