Dark Alex 3.03 Oe A Firmware!!!

Steve-O

Dark Alex is at it again but this Time modding the latest 3.03 Firmware!!! 3.03 OE-A is to be released soon and supports PSX Iso Compression along with some other things :) Plus in firmware 3.03 Sony tweaked the PSX Emu to make it compatable with more games so hopefully the games that didnt work will now work :D :)

More at Maxconsoles -

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=42441

:D :D :D

This guy is just unstoppable!!! :)

3.03OE :D :D :D

Changes from 3.02 OE-B to 3.03 OE-A

- Change from firmware 3.02 to 3.03
- Added support for compression in psx isos (look at popstation documentation for more details).
- Added support for decrypted document.dat (psx games manual) (look at docmaker documentation for more details).
- Fixed a bug regarding free region: a stupid bug caused it not to work at all.
Now it should work, although it has not been tested due to lack of umd's of different regions
between the testers and me.
- Some generic bug fixes in the code.

PSP Maaaaaan, it is THE portable console. :D

At least once you get a grip of it all.

just compressed GTA2 from 522mb to 377mb :D :D :D... oh yea, it might be best to wait for a GUI version of the ISO converter the included one might be a little fiddly for some eg, this is whats needed for GTA2 -

C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Desktop\303oe\popstation>popstation GTA2 SLES01404 9 GTA2.bin

you need to enter in this order -

Game Name
Game ID number (Eg SLES, SLUS etc followed by the 5 numbers)
Compression level 0 - 9 (0 = No compression 9 = highest compression)
then the ISO directory (or if its in the same folder as popstation just the file name eg GTA2.bin)

might be a little hard to get used to for some people but give it a day or 2 and Im sure a GUI version will be out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you upgrade straight from 3.02 OEB?
Yep, it is the same process as 3.02OEA was in that you have to make the new DXAR etc. and then it will reformat your flash0 before installing. I would disable any plugins and such though first just incase.
Thanks. :)

Is there any downside to compressing the PSX games. I just don't get why you'd do anything OTHER than a compression of 9.. :huh:

Some games my lag... Nearly Every PSP Iso works full speed at Compression 9, The only few that lagged when compressed were GTA LCS, GTA VCS and Mortal Kombat that I know of so Im guessing nearly all PSX ISO's will be fine when compressed at 9...

Anyway, if it lags at 9, try using a lower number :)

Some games my lag... Nearly Every PSP Iso works full speed at Compression 9, The only few that lagged when compressed were GTA LCS, GTA VCS and Mortal Kombat that I know of so Im guessing nearly all PSX ISO's will be fine when compressed at 9...

Anyway, if it lags at 9, try using a lower number :)
Got it--thanks. :D I'll be trying this later.

He has basically figured out the compression that Sony was using with the first few PSX games they released. So I would assume that Sony wouldn't have used it if it made them lag? Although they only released fairly basic games so it's nice to have the option to reduce it if needed for more complex games.

come on you dammed memory stick cargo freight boat from china, come delivery my sticks so i can use my nice new shiny 2.71 PSP drooooooooooooooool.

He has basically figured out the compression that Sony was using with the first few PSX games they released. So I would assume that Sony wouldn't have used it if it made them lag? Although they only released fairly basic games so it's nice to have the option to reduce it if needed for more complex games.

Sony most likely compressed the games as much as they could without getting lag (Eg tried highest first and if their was any lag go lower untill a compression level with no lag is found) Thats why the 0 - 9 compression setting is good a good idea. If PSX games are anything like PSP games then Level 9 will be fine for 98% of them (Hopefully)

come on you dammed memory stick cargo freight boat from china, come delivery my sticks so i can use my nice new shiny 2.71 PSP drooooooooooooooool.

hhmmm china... Im guessing they are fake memory sticks ;) :p... Hope they work ok, what size did you go for?

List of SLUS etc codes - http://www.sonyindex.com/PS1_Renamer/dbase.ps1

Damn you battery!! Damn you and your puny 40% charge level!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Damn you battery!! Damn you and your puny 40% charge level!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

if you want to skip the 75% Charge level detector start up the 3.03OE Installer and when the PSP white screen logo pops up click and hold UP, Triangle and L1 and it will skip the 75% charge level detection :)

if you want to skip the 75% Charge level detector start up the 3.03OE Installer and when the PSP white screen logo pops up click and hold UP, Triangle and L1 and it will skip the 75% charge level detection :)

:blink: :blink: :blink: um, and risk bricking/imploding/creating a black hole around my precious??

It's charging .. I can wait :lol: Just eager ...

Back