Dark Alex Does It Again

krosfyah

Syntax Error
Website
Visit site
He's a machine.

Changes in OE-C:

- AVC videos bitrate limit patched. The firmware limited the bitrate of avc videos to only 768 Kbps. OE now forces the limit to be 16384 Kbps. (Note: this doesn't mean than the psp can handle such a high bitrate; this means than they won't show error. I don't know which is the real maximum bitrate than the psp can handle at full speed).

- Speed of OE boot is now ~3 seconds faster than previous versions. (without plugins).

- Cpu speed of XMB can now be changed.

- Wifi can now work at 333 Mhz.

- Added access to flashes 0 and 1 via usb in the recovery menu, based on the great idea of USBSSS by Booster. Note that writing is enabled, so this is intended only for advanced users that know what they are doing in each moment. (It is not a great idea to change anything from the kd folder). Because of this addition, the rest of flashing options were removed.

- PSP isos can now be deleted as any normal memstick games. (also the size of the iso now shows fine when you press triangle->information).

- When formatting memory stick, GAME150, GAME303 and ISO directories will be automatically created.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=46034

- Wifi can now work at 333 Mhz.

... cool! This may explain something:

Last night, I tried to play Wipeout multi-player with a buddy at awork; we had the same .cso on our mem cards, running at 333mhz, and could not set up a multiplayer session; kept getting a message "w-fi switch not on" although it was.

I thought WiFi didn't work at all with OE-xx .. :blink: Cool!

Yeah, the wifi fix and faster boot time are awesome (at least someone realises that new firmware should boot faster not slower).

For me though, it's the USB access to flash from the Recovery menu. It makes it possible to recover from a brick in even the most extreme cases. Plus I like to customise the crap out of my PSP so it's a lot easier with direct access to the flash.

?Well just played some fame online with set speed for both XMB and UMD and ISOs to 333MHz and almost half fattery run out in nearly half hour, that fagged. ?Oh wells, at least internet seem like full speed nows but understand why Pony had to underclock PSPigs, fuaaagh, so shithead took fattery and microwaved into flaming SHIT :']! ?Well at least boot faster nows than used to, grapefap :lol:.

?Well just played some fame online with set speed for both XMB and UMD and ISOs to 333MHz and almost half fattery run out in nearly half hour, that fagged. ?Oh wells, at least internet seem like full speed nows but understand why Pony had to underclock PSPigs, fuaaagh, so shithead took fattery and microwaved into flaming SHIT :']! ?Well at least boot faster nows than used to, grapefap :lol:.

You can get bigger capacity batteries now so you can last longer while overclocked :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you need a new keyboard.

I flashed all 3 PSP's in the house with this firmware the day it hit and have had no issues at all. No one here has complained about the battery life (but when we're not using them they sit in their charger stands anyway).

This was a very nice release and thankfully didn't require you to leapfrog into 3.02 then 3.03A and B to get to it.

I also put the CWCheat module on my PSP(aka "The guinea pig PSP" <_< ) and when I hit the end of MGS1 disc 1 I'll see if I can get the workaround for disc-swapping to work for me.

I think you need a new keyboard.
It's one of the mysteries of gp32x. Sometimes he (she? IT??) types like this, making absolutely no sense. Other times, his English is perfect.

He also has a strange obsession with Arnold Schwarzenegger :blink:

......IN ANY EVENT....

This new Firmware is pretty sweet. I immediately realized all the features I lost when I downgraded to 1.5, but then remembered that this is what this FW is for! Im in school now, but when I get home and all through tomorrow I'll be experimenting with this, getting some great 'brew and of course, those sweet sweet PS1 titles. Do I just put the BIN file on my mem stick? How do I get into the PS1 goodness? Telcolou sent me some forum links but nothing gives the direct n00bish answers I need :(

For converted PSX games, put the EBOOT and KEYS files in a folder named whatever you want, put the folder in PSP > GAME.

PSP ISOs (or compressed, in .cso format) go in a folder in the root called ISO.

For converted PSX games, put the EBOOT and KEYS files in a folder named whatever you want, put the folder in PSP > GAME.

PSP ISOs (or compressed, in .cso format) go in a folder in the root called ISO.

Don't forget the 1.5 goodness like emulators and homebrew! :) Place those in the PSP/GAME150/ folder.

I really like the ability to turn off the corrupted icons in the menu! I've never before run a firmware that could do it(though I've seen people talk about it before).

I really like the ability to turn off the corrupted icons in the menu! I've never before run a firmware that could do it(though I've seen people talk about it before).
I actually prefer not to use that feature because it tends to cause slowdowns with the memory stick menu if you have a lot of stuff on there, plus on the odd occasion it doesn't seem to work properly. I think the folder naming method is still the best because there's no slowdown at all and it works 100% of the time.

I think the folder naming method is still the best because there's no slowdown at all and it works 100% of the time.

Something else for me to look into I guess. :) I've not had any issues with hiding the corrupt icons but if I do I'll want to know how to do this! :)

Thanks for the tip Sub. *off to the hunt!*

Sorry, I assumed you knew about it already or I would've described it in the same post.

Here's an example of how to rename the two folders for any 1.5 homebrew:

Rename DEVHOOK to __SCE__DEVHOOK
Rename DEVHOOK% to %__SCE__DEVHOOK

The other way is to convert to a single folder 1.0 eboot, but I can't remember how to do that :p

Sorry, I assumed you knew about it already or I would've described it in the same post.

Here's an example of how to rename the two folders for any 1.5 homebrew:

Rename DEVHOOK to __SCE__DEVHOOK
Rename DEVHOOK% to %__SCE__DEVHOOK

The other way is to convert to a single folder 1.0 eboot, but I can't remember how to do that :p

That explains why all the stuff I download looks like that! I've been shortening the folders and putting the % at the end. Im anal about organization. :rolleyes:

So what I'd been doing was download
%__SCE__DEVHOOK
__SCE__DEVHOOK

and end up renaming them
SCEDEVHOOK
SCEDEVHOOK%

and I really should just stop that! :eek:

Back