Dark Alex 3.03 Oe A Firmware!!!

sony are so stupid. Think of the money they could be making ! everyone seems to be able to get isos to try on this but some games are hard to find. Imagine if sony put them all on a website and you paid a few quid each for them they could make alot of money. Id rather goto sony and pay a few quid and be guarenteed to find the game i want than spend ages lookin for one then getting to 90 odd % then thats it !.

sony are so stupid. Think of the money they could be making ! everyone seems to be able to get isos to try on this but some games are hard to find. Imagine if sony put them all on a website and you paid a few quid each for them they could make alot of money. Id rather goto sony and pay a few quid and be guarenteed to find the game i want than spend ages lookin for one then getting to 90 odd % then thats it !.

Agreed. I may be going on a mission tomorrow at FuncoLand, GameStop, Kmart ...

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be the logical way to do it.. not all this PS3 store crap. I do remember reading an official statement some time ago that they plan to make most of the back catalogue available for download. I really hope it's for everyone and not just PS3 owners.

I just downloaded a new frontend for the popstation app:

from here

Has anyone tried it yet? (I'm at work and can't test it)

I've been using PSX2PSP with this front-end by King Squitter (no official name I think) with no issues at all. Compression at 9 and so far everything works. I'm currently looking for my 2nd FFIX disc... wierd that I have 1, 3 and 4...

I haven't played enough multi-disc games to hit a swap point... how does the PSP handle multi-disc swaps? Does it hit a save point, you load the 2nd and then load the save?

I just downloaded a new frontend for the popstation app:

from here

Has anyone tried it yet? (I'm at work and can't test it)

I've been using PSX2PSP with this front-end by King Squitter (no official name I think) with no issues at all. Compression at 9 and so far everything works. I'm currently looking for my 2nd FFIX disc... wierd that I have 1, 3 and 4...

I haven't played enough multi-disc games to hit a swap point... how does the PSP handle multi-disc swaps? Does it hit a save point, you load the 2nd and then load the save?

Well, in FF7, you get to save first ... but I read that in MGS, the game prompts you to swap the disc, without saving first ... I'm going to look for a post I read ... someone found a screen on the PSP that gave thsi option ... hang on a sec ...

AHA!

Here it is

:)

Well, in FF7, you get to save first ... but I read that in MGS, the game prompts you to swap the disc, without saving first ... I'm going to look for a post I read ... someone found a screen on the PSP that gave thsi option ... hang on a sec ...

AHA!

Here it is

:)
This just keeps getting better!

Same topic also states it's an upcoming feature maybe... I certainly hope so. :) Some of the best games for the PS1 were multidisc aside from the Final Fantasy games... like Metal Gear.

Thanks for the link TelcoLou :)

i think im goin to make some more videos :). Was thinkin of makin one for every game i have but that might be hard as i will be adding a few hundred to my collection very soon :)

Reccomendation:

Destruction Derby.

This game still holds up and looks fabulous on the PSP! :D

whats this cwcheat thing ? what can you do with it ?

CWCheat allows you to input game cheats and search for cheats in the game (Its abit like Action Replay). BUT it also allows you to load up PSX memory card images / saves and Adjust the Clock Speed and unlocks the 4th brightness level and more :)

Reccomendation:

Destruction Derby.

I have Destruction Derby 2 and that had to be my favorite non-RPG game for the PS1 hands down(Metal Gear Solid was #2)! I need to buy a new one though. The disc is so scratched from the kids using it my cd-rom won't read it anymore. The PS1 freezes it in spots too. :( Very, very sad gamer.

What's a good location for PS1 games? My Gamestop doesn't carry them anymore...

Edit: I schpel gewd...

Reccomendation:

Destruction Derby.

I have Destruction Derby 2 and that had to be my favorite non-RPG game for the PS1 hands down(Metal Gear Solid was #2)! I need to buy a new one though. The disc is so scratched from the kids using it my cd-rom won't read it anymore. The PS1 freezes it in spots too. :( Very, very sad gamer.

What's a good location for PS1 games? My Gamestop doesn't carry them anymore...

Edit: I schpel gewd...

The EB Games by me has an entire 1/2 shelf's worth of used PS1 games. I'm going on a mission later tonight to check out FuncoLand and Gamestop ... report forthcoming. ;)

Note: Destruction Derby 1 is better than the sequel :)

DISC SWAP :blink:

woah missed that one me needs to investigate Im nearing the end of disc1 aswell

Crash Bandicoot rules aswell one of the best games

BTW Has anyone got a pal fix that works for crash bandicoot warped?

I preferred Destruction Derby Raw, liked the multiplayer.

I just came back from Gamestop a little while ago and to my surprise they did actually have about 1/2 a bin full of PS1 game discs. How old are they? Almost all of the discs are still sealed inside FuncoLand and Babbages cd sleeves. I went through the entire bin. Found enough Madden, NHL, NBA, WWF and Tony Hawk games to choke a gaggle of fanboys but little else.

I ended up picking up a WCW Nitro game(nostalgia) and Shockwave Assault for $2.13 US total. They were all buy one get one on the N64 and PS1 games. My own stupidity didn't check the sleeve though and Shockwave is only disc 2. Disc 1 apparently "walked away" with someone already.

I've already extracted my Driver, Driver 2, Metal Gear Solid, Warcraft II, Gran Turismo, WCW Nitro and Final Fantasy Origins games and converted them with the popstation and PSX2PSP GUI. I have had absolutely no issues so far with anything. It all works great! Tomorrow I'll tackle Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX and Tactics. I'm beat! :) :) :) :)

FYI for those using popstation(or compatible): There's a great icon/pic thread on DCEmu - PopStation Icon and Picture thread - that's been a real help as far as graphics go. :)

Back