Dark Alex 3.03 Oe A Firmware!!!

i'll sit this out then an look at the pretty icon packs etc :)

cheers for the info

Damn you battery!! Damn you and your puny 40% charge level!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

if you want to skip the 75% Charge level detector start up the 3.03OE Installer and when the PSP white screen logo pops up click and hold UP, Triangle and L1 and it will skip the 75% charge level detection :)

:blink: :blink: :blink: um, and risk bricking/imploding/creating a black hole around my precious??

It's charging .. I can wait :lol: Just eager ...

Can you not do it whilst charging, that would be the most brick-proof method, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be fine but its a £150 risk :p... I did it at 55% charge while charging as I knew it was safe

I didn't mind waiting for a full charge this time since there isn't really anything exciting or urgent to update for. Well, other than being able to hide pics of naked women in my document.dat of course.

I didn't mind waiting for a full charge this time since there isn't really anything exciting or urgent to update for. Well, other than being able to hide pics of naked women in my document.dat of course.

I'm excited ... PSX disc compression! Woo!

Note: FF7's "selected character rectangle gfx glitch" is nearly fixed ... :p

Edit: ... but the battle transitions are gone :(

Note: FF7's "selected character rectagle gfx glitch" is nearly fixed ... :p
True, but now the swirly bit before each battle is gone :( I wonder if it needs to be reconverted?

Note: FF7's "selected character rectagle gfx glitch" is nearly fixed ... :p
True, but now the swirly bit before each battle is gone :( I wonder if it needs to be reconverted?

Hmm, I read that someone tried a non-compressed EBOOT and a compressed one, both have the same glitch.

I don't know about re-converting ... I'm not going to do it <_<

Edit: Someone did it ... the glitch is still there. Oh well, not the end of the world.

I just downloaded a new frontend for the popstation app:

from here

Has anyone tried it yet? (I'm at work and can't test it)

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I've only half-read the instructions. It's currently flashing :unsure: :unsure: Please work, PSP.. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

3.03 OE-A

God, I know it's easy, but it scares me every time! Success.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I've only half-read the instructions. It's currently flashing :unsure: :unsure: Please work, PSP.. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

3.03 OE-A

God, I know it's easy, but it scares me every time! Success.

:lol: :lol: ... takes about 2 years off your life, doesn't it?

Every time! I must admit, I do get a bit of a thrill out of it! 3.03 OE-A!! I could read that again and again!

Guess what!? DeltaForce works with sound now!

I'm still in FF7 heaven right now.. The thought of how many great PS1 games there are and suddenly being able to play them all on a handheld is a bit overwhelming.

The name 'Playstation Portable' finally makes sense :D

Back