D PSP emulator

You could probably compile that on Pandora (first compile D compiler (GDC)), but I don't know if there is D compiler for cross-compiling.

I haven't ever used D either, I've heard it's pretty cool.

E: Maybe you could compile D compiler with cross compiler and compile with that..

Even so you might have to port lots of things in that emulator and prob won't run good.

Last edited by a moderator:
would you people quit porting new emulators to the pandora already, do you have any idea how huge my backlog of games is with the current emulators available and homebrew games made!!!???

Not sure how well a Cortex-A8 processor at 500-1000mhz will be able to emulate a 266-333mhz MIPS R4000 core. Seems a bit too close, generationally, does it not?

Ari64 or Notaz would have a better idea, I guess.

Well, it could probably do a decent job at emulating the CPU (dynamically recompiling the code anyway). The problem is that there's more to a PSP emulator than CPU emulation. The GPU, sound chip etc. needs emulating as well, and it wouldn't suprice me if this would be the big bottleneck. Although I've heard PSP games does rely quite a bit on syscalls, could be some cycles to save by running them with native code, but I doubt even this would make it run at decent speed on the pandora.

My pandora clocks upto 1300mhz,i was shocked before it went upto 1040mhz with the new firmware this happened for some reason.

I think it's better to port ds emulator first because emulator runs better on pc at full speed with sound,psp emulator is crap on pc,why bother trying it on pandora.

My pandora clocks upto 1300mhz,i was shocked before it went upto 1040mhz with the new firmware this happened for some reason.

I think it's better to port ds emulator first because emulator runs better on pc at full speed with sound,psp emulator is crap on pc,why bother trying it on pandora.

LOL please dont hijack the thread with DS emulator talk... this wil not happen because there is not enough screen realestate to emulate the DS so its highly unlikly anyone will ever do a DS emulator for it, the PSP however has a lower res screen than our pandora plus the buttons match up perfectly so it would be ideal.

If we get that D compiler running, I'd rather see Kenta Cho's games be ported.

1300mhz is as high as the settings can go, i highly doubt he actually set it to 1300mhz and was able to use it, or even ok it at that high, which is sad in itself that he cant figure out how to actually overclock right. im able to use mine at 1060 with opp5, anything more and its highly unstable and crashes till hard reset, software doesnt like 1060mhz either, it made my panel bar go insane

Well, at opp5 I got mine to 1024mhz (I like that number...) without problems. I only once tried more than that - can't remember think it was 1280mhz. At that speed it perfectly emulated a ZX Spectrum - by instantly crashing. I think 1ghz is brilliant, I was delighted to be able to get that. For general use I clock at opp2 and 650mhz - that's more than enough for most things, and saves a bit of battery.

Back on topic, how much difference is there between PSX and PSP. I know the hardware is very different, but I thought it was basically a PS1 emulating device with some extra features incorporated - sort of like the C64-DTV (I guess I'm probably very wrong).

Incidentally I have a C64-DTV, but I fell off a chair hanging a curtain and landed on it, breaking the joystick and fracturing my rib. Thankfully I was fully dressed and didn't land "anus first" - that would have been hard to explain (again).

Incidentally I have a C64-DTV, but I fell off a chair hanging a curtain and landed on it, breaking the joystick and fracturing my rib. Thankfully I was fully dressed and didn't land "anus first" - that would have been hard to explain (again).

So, that's what's with the username...

About PSP, yes you guys are right.

It relies HEAVILY on syscalls... means a big bunch of the code can easily be HLE, saving us a whole bunch of cpu time if done right.

In combination with dynamic recompilation we might be able to squeeze out a bit of juice of some titles.

Thinking bout a fullspeed PSP emulator that works equally on all games for Pandora is quite uh... farfetched.

However I would already die for a PSP version Bust-A-Move 2D game running fullspeed. :D

If we get a psp emulator going that unlocks the entire psp home-brew scene too not just commercial games.

Couldn't hurt to give it a quick port if its that easy

Idk about full speed but I'm guessing from the way it sounds we can get atleast a couple games running "smoothly"

Back