D-pad question

Ocean112

Due to the design of the pandora/pyra, it's impossible to mod in a d-pad similar to the one used on the neo-geo x as it requires a hole in the center of the pad for the stick to push though. This type of stick was used on the pocket color, the pad for the neo geo cd, and most recently for the neo geo x. The one in the x is by far the smallest, and I was wondering if anything like this was ever thought about in the design of the pyra (I'm not sure if it's patented). I am by no means asking for one to be made, as it will require a redesign of the main board and I'm probably the only one that would want one anyway. Just curious.

sn5LyAs.jpg

I'm pretty sure most people would say the d-pad on the Pandora is better than the one on the Neo-Geo X (though perhaps not the one on the Neo Geo Pocket to be fair). Also, I'm pretty sure the space on the other side of the board from the d-pad is probably used for something, so you couldn't just drill a hole through it, and a redesign would make the unit somewhat bigger, both to reroute whatever the hole would go through, and to fit all those microswitches where I suspect both the CPU board and the battery already are.

I don't know that the Pyra d-pad is going to be as good as the Pandora one was, but I certainly hope it is.

Back