Cyclone 68000

JRP

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hiya i emailed the guy that wrote this emulator and he told me this.

"Yeah it should work fine, just assemble cyclone.s to cyclone.o and link in cyclone.o to an emulator project

Haven't tried it myself yet, but it should work - let me know if there is any trouble ..."

At 01:12 13/04/2004 +0100, JRP- wrote:

Hiya was just wounderin if u think its possable to port Cyclone 68000 to gp23.
b/c it runs think between 65mhz to 166mhz.

from JRP

I dont know how to program. :blink:

Anybody that wants to try it the Source Code is here.

http://www.finalburn.com/

Nice avatar ;)

68k core which they are talking about is whats used in the genesis/megadrive.

This core while not compleate is written in ARM not C

ARM is faster than C as it made in the language the gp32 uses as a processor ARM9

in otherwords it sends directions directly to the cpu instead as C send it to a layer above which then sends to the cpu (prob the worst way to explain it)

but yeah

:ph34r:

Hmmmm... Neogeo.... I will have a play... (Most likely will not work, but hey.)

I know things like Metal Slug, etc are 12.5mb upwards, but it doesn't use up all the rom at the same time, so we *may* be able to segment the roms.

I was thinking more along the likes of the arcade board - the rom size is the only limiting factor there - no need to deal with emulating the cdrom and other systems. The less you need to emulate = the faster the emulation :)

Squidge posted on Apr 14 2004 at 12:32 PM said:
I was thinking more along the likes of the arcade board - the rom size is the only limiting factor there - no need to deal with emulating the cdrom and other systems. The less you need to emulate = the faster the emulation :)
Then again I see that DCEmu is praising a NEO-GEO CD emu that's just been released, maybe nick the source if it's C and available, and then slot in the ARM 68000 CPU code?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back