Custom TV-out Cable Pre-orders (Split from other topic)

Any chance you could say exactly what works and what doesn't? My main concerns are PSX, Amiga, Megadrive and most importantly C64?

Also, what makes you think it's a software related issue and not a hardware one? To me it sounds very like a specific hardware supported video mode is not being output through the cable, which may not be fixable in software.

The tv out cable should be released officially by openpandora,which will be alot better and work with most stuff,openpandora were saying about tv out cable,but they didn't release,how worse is that.
The official cable will probably not be superior in any way.

^ In VICE64, press the Start button - that should bring up a menu which will allow you to auto-run a tape or disk image. :)

By the way, does GPFCE-GP2X (or even the beta Nestopia port) work well with this? (I'm still on the waiting list, so I'd love to know!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure Peca's been quite busy as of late, so give it a minute for a reply. Peca is very helpful just sometimes out of the loop for a few days.

I've more work in my job (after vacation) - so I simply not check forum and PM (and forwarding PM to email doesn't work). I'll reply soon.

Hello,

I am waiting for my command of tv out cable but there is no news.

I am searching what is the reference of the connector plugged in openpandora and where to buy it on the internet (amazon, ...) easily.

Does anybody know which emulator outputs on TVout? I'm doesn't use emus, so don't have roms for testing. Somebody asks me in PM and I'd like to point him here for list or solution. Thanks :)

---

OK, a few post above it is already stated :)

I've just ordered a cable from peca and will post it very soon to me,i will check it and how it goes on.

Hey, peca, do you mind if I ask how your pre-order queue is going? :)

Slowly :-/ OK, I'm freshly getting some help from daughter. She needs some pocket money anyway and rather give her money as revenue then simple donation.

"Speed" was about 2 - 3 cables per week. Now it could be 5 or so - If we keep the speed. There are less then 40 people in queue. I have nice spreadsheet with exact order, so I can send it in PM if anybody ask for his or her.

---

3 cables from first run seems to be bad. I made new and send as replacement. Now I pay more attention to secure cables by plastic strip and hot glue. It means that eventually repairing will need some cutting and so, but cable seems to be more sturdy.

edit: But as I'm more sure that it stay working, I'm not afraid about repairing anyway.

OK, I'll sent a few PMs offering cables (according to my pre-orders time line). As there some people that are not logged in for a while, I'll just putting note here. If You are not log on too often, set up forwarding PM to email or check PM. If I not get response in 2 days I PM next one in queue.

I'm wonder how long take delivery to he USA/Canada. Does anybody remember how long it took to get 10+ TinyBoBs or TV out from me? All cables and 10+ TinyBoBs I ship as "priority" (and "registered") which should mean "by air mail" (according to post officer). "Registered" doesn't mean traceable yet (should be after testing) but delivering should be signed by addressee.

I don't remember exactly how long, just that it was fast. Maybe 2 or 3 days?

I think it took about 10 days for whatever you sent me previously. Still waiting on the cable you sent last week.

I've just received mine today.

It's a shame that pcsx rearmed,picodrive,mame4all,gngeo don't work,as alerino said it comes with black screen when loaded a game,yes that's true.

The vlc movie player comes on tv,when you play the movie the screen comes black on pandora and tv,so it doesn't work.

Videos don't work on tv at all,that happens with sm player,gnome playerd aswell,alot of stuff don't work on tv,which is really disappointing.

Only things work are viewing pictures,listen music players work perfect and few emulators like mupen64plus,mame,snes4gp, i haven't tried all yet,i will keep you posted.

I'll be very interested in one of these when I get my Pandora. Primarily for hooking up to a video recording device, so I can splice some screen captured images into my inevitable video review.

Nothing, as far as I know. This is a community effort, and it's not associated with the official cables.

Back