Currently Watching On Tv

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
I wasn't sure whether we needed a thread like this, but TV episodes obviously don't count in the movies thread, right?

So:

At the moment, I got a few series going on.

I'm slowly making my way through the seasons of House MD, and Fringe. However, what's taking up most of my time at the moment is that I'm re-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Really good show, and there are some absolutely amazing episodes, like Hush and Restless. Really wish they hadn't decided to turn season 8 into a comic book.

After that, I think I'm going to watch Breaking Bad.

What about you guys - are there any series you're currently enjoying?

I'm almost through with Anthony Bourdain No Reservations, the travel and food show. I watched also a couple episodes of Hellsing, but didn't get too into it. Before that I saw Man vs. food. no, typically I don't watch food shows :)

Currently watching:
Eureka - I love this show, however the current season seems to be a huge deviation from the norm. And now it has James Callis (Dr. Gaius Baltar from BSG) so I'm not sure what to think.
Warehouse 13 - This is quite possibly some of the best TV on. Smart and funny.
Lexx - I caught bits and pieces of this show when it originally aired. It's so over-the-top. I suspect that it's very much an acquired taste since many episodes I find to be snoozers, while others are quite good.

I eagerly anticipate the return of:
Caprica, Sanctuary, and SG: Universe.

If you haven't guessed I really like Sci-Fi. :)

I also like certain sit-coms. So I look forward to the return of:
How I met your mother The Office, Modern Family, and Big Bang Theory.

Thanks to my wife, I also watch a lot of other shows by proxy. Thankfully the only reality show she cares about are the "Got Talent" shows from Britain and America, which I enjoy as well. Some of the acts are freakin' awesome. I usually just half watch and play on my Pandora while she's watching the proxy shows. If I miss something important she tells me. :)

By proxy shows:
Ghost Whisperer, Secret Life of an American Teenager, Cougar Town, The Middle, Sons of Tucson, Two and a Half Men, and The Vampire Diaries.

Yeah... I watch quite a bit of TV... but to be honest. I probably wouldn't watch this much if I weren't currently jobless.

Nova said:
However, what's taking up most of my time at the moment is that I'm re-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Really good show, and there are some absolutely amazing episodes, like Hush and Restless. Really wish they hadn't decided to turn season 8 into a comic book.

They had been actually re-running Buffy recently here, they have gotten to the 6th series now which is being aired here for the first time and I'm really enjoying it. Just a few days ago they aired the 'Once More, with Feeling' I'm not a fan of musical but this was awesome. Curiously enough just before this re-run they aired Angel, which I didn't actually know about before, also pretty good. I have heard then about Angel and Spike comic books and now the Buffy comic book, are these any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much since I cancelled my licence.

Watch a bit of IT Crowd on the internet though :)

Breaking Bad is amazing.

I was a bit pissed that I saw the teaser for next season's Stargate Universe. It landed on a deliciously hard cliffhanger and the trailer gave away so much...

Currently rewatching Arrested Development on Netflix (MOVIE FILMING NEXT YEAR?!) along with My Name Is Earl. Hoping they get Mad Men and Parks and Rec streaming.

Always watch Ghost Hunters, Family Guy, pretty much everything on the Discovery and History channels. Waiting for the new seasons of Supernatural and Smallville.

I eagerly anticipate the return of:
Caprica, Sanctuary, and SG: Universe.
+1 also V, Moonlight,
also pissed that Defying Gravity got cancelled, and Reaper too but not as much
Should really try some of the SG cannon.

Currently plodding through Burn Notice, Chuck, Psyche, Medium, Spooks
Got BSG, Bab7 cued up and ready when one of the others needs a break.
Waiting for next Monk to be released
Been through Farscape, Buffy & Angel
and Xena, Warehouse 13, Muppets, Absolutely & Shaun Micallef is there to be dipped into at some point too.

Don't watch much TV 'live' anymore, record/dL/DVD and watch at leisure
although Gilmore Girls (kookie), StarTrek(nerdie), Ghost Whispererer (night-ie) is nice just to dip into and be entertained for 43-odd minutes

Gotta say, I just rewatched the episode of Buffy named "The Body".

Man, I was close to tears for most of the episode, it was so damn heartwrenching. I wouldn't want to spoil it for others, but critics have said such things about it as "I was riveted by this show ... This isn't just one of the best Buffy episodes of all time. It's one of the best episodes of TV of all time." (The Guardian) and "The entire cast and crew should have received some sort of Emmy for 'The Body'" (The American Statesman).

I'm glad I came back to this series; I almost didn't out of snobbishness, felt that it was a bit too adolescent. I'm so glad I did though, as it genuinely is enjoyable by all and if anything, I was too young for some of the themes when I first watched it.

Nova said:
I'm glad I came back to this series; I almost didn't out of snobbishness, felt that it was a bit too adolescent. I'm so glad I did though, as it genuinely is enjoyable by all and if anything, I was too young for some of the themes when I first watched it.

That's really interesting actually. I always felt I wouldn't enjoy Buffy now I'm older, so you've made me question that.

What channel is it on at the moment?

SomeGuy99 said:
Nova said:

That's really interesting actually. I always felt I wouldn't enjoy Buffy now I'm older, so you've made me question that.

Oh god knows, whole series keep turning up on my harddrive in a torrent of data.

EDIT: The first series is a bit more immature than the others, to reflect the youth of the characters, but it gets a lot darker. Also the special FX get a lot better :p.

Buffy and Angel were both great shows. Angel actually made me like that character, I thought he was a whiny bitch in Buffy but Angel gave him some depth. I like almost everything Joss Whedon has done, though, including Dollhouse. Speaking of, I have to finish season 2 of that...

I'm not really watching any shows at the moment, save for C.O.P.S. and Astro Boy when I need background noise for half an hour or so. I need to watch the second half of season 2 of Dollhouse and season 5 of The Wire (not exaggerating when I say it's the best show ever), but I've been watching movies more than TV shows lately. I did just finish Ashes To Ashes though, and while the show as a whole was not as good as Life On Mars, I really liked the finale. It also cemented my mancrush on Philip Glenister *swoon, and reinforce my hatred of the CBC (why can't my taxes make stuff like that?).

Nova said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Nova said:

Oh god knows, whole series keep turning up on my harddrive in a torrent of data.

EDIT: The first series is a bit more immature than the others, to reflect the youth of the characters, but it gets a lot darker. Also the special FX get a lot better :p .

I saw them all back when they were on BBC2, but my memory is fuzzy.

I liked the series where:
They had all those army guys, and some dude called Adam. It was very cleverly done as an single story. That guy she went out with though... Riley? He was a dick IIRC.

But I recall the episodes where Buffy's mum died as being very weak. It felt like Whedon Fail. Was I wrong?

SomeGuy99 said:
Nova said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Nova said:

EDIT: The first series is a bit more immature than the others, to reflect the youth of the characters, but it gets a lot darker. Also the special FX get a lot better :p .

I saw them all back when they were on BBC2, but my memory is fuzzy.

I liked the series where:
They had all those army guys, and some dude called Adam. It was very cleverly done as an single story. That guy she went out with though... Riley? He was a dick IIRC.

But I recall the episodes where Buffy's mum died as being very weak. It felt like Whedon Fail. Was I wrong?

Yeah I think you might have confused it with another episode maybe? I thought it was fantastic. The humanity displayed by all the characters was amazingly portrayed by the actors, I almost bawled my eyes out when Anya, who is an ex demon expresses her indignance at the concept of death, because it's with such a childlike innocence.

Check out the viewer ratings.

The Adam story arc was good as well. A couple of my favourite episodes come from that season including Hush, the silent episode and Restless, which focuses on the characters dreams.

Have been watching Deep Space 9 for two months now on the account of my ex, am at Season 6 now. Good to finally see it in order and completely.

Classic Quark:
classic_quark.jpg

Back