Current Reading, (favourite Books)!!

finty posted on Jul 15 2005 at 10:34 PM said:
Urban Guerrillas - Robert Moss

Quite an interesting read, although I'm only at the halfway point. Funnyily enough I have to return the book to the Library before the fifth of August 1983. I wonder if there will be a fine.

I remember hearing about a man who brought in a book that had been checked out by his great-grandfather. So don't get too proud, you're only an amateur at this. ;)

I'm currently reading "The Light Fantastic" by Terry Pratchett (book 2 in the Discworld series) and "Cube Route" by Piers Anthony.

Last edited by a moderator:
candide - voltaire
monster - chuck palahniuk (sp?)
the colour of magic - terry pratchett

I'm also six volumes into the sandman series by neil gaiman, whom I'm seeing lecture in three days. Gaiman is easily my favourite author of all time, based on the sandman.

oh and I also finished the Da Vinci Code the other day. I thought it was so hyped up and massively overrated.

@toxibunny

with the dark tower series stephen king created a meta-fiction, that is all his books can be explained under the frame work of the dark tower. Think about it, Carrie and the kid from the shining are just kids with the touch (thinking about it the shining is probably about the crimson king attempting to indirectly capture an extremley strong psychic).

c0ncept posted on Jul 17 2005 at 03:20 PM said:
oh and I also finished the Da Vinci Code the other day. I thought it was so hyped up and massively overrated.

His other ones are better. Try 'Angels and Demons'

Hmm... I haven't read a good book in a LONG time. The last good book I read was Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy. For some reason, I have trouble visualizing exactly what things are supposed to look like when reading descriptions of them, so playing the game first and knowing what the characters and some of the locations looked like ahead of time helped a lot and made the book much more enjoyable than it would have been otherwise.

I was going to watch the recent "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" movie for my birthday, but I wanted to read the book first. I had difficulty finding a copy of the book, probably because the movie was already out in theatres when I started looking... I ended up finding a copy online and reading it on my gp32_console :D It was so easy to read using my gp32_console that I read the book within two days even with my somewhat busy life... Unfortunately the movie was no longer in theatres by the time I finished the book... :(

So now I have to wait for the movie to come out on dvd, but instead of just waiting I decided to read the rest of the series.

So I am currently reading "The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe" by Douglas Adams :D (Not on my gp32_console though :()

Currently reading,

Mother Tongue - Bill Bryson.
High Score (2nd edition) - Rusel Demaria & Johnny L Wilson.
The long way round - Ewan Mcgregor and the other bloke.
Feel (Robbie Williams Auto Biog)
And an assortment of Archie Sonic comics, which have cost me a fortune to import.

I like to keep a few books on the go.

kidrdbz posted on Jul 17 2005 at 11:52 PM said:
I was going to watch the recent "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" movie for my birthday, but I wanted to read the book first. I had difficulty finding a copy of the book, probably because the movie was already out in theatres when I started looking... I ended up finding a copy online and reading it on my gp32_console :D It was so easy to read using my gp32_console that I read the book within two days even with my somewhat busy life... Unfortunately the movie was no longer in theatres by the time I finished the book... :(

So now I have to wait for the movie to come out on dvd, but instead of just waiting I decided to read the rest of the series.

So I am currently reading "The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe" by Douglas Adams :D (Not on my gp32_console though :()
me too :blink:

I'm currently re-reading 'Feel' - The Robbie Williams biography by Chris Heath. He also wrote the 'Pet Shop Boys Vs America' book around ten years ago, which I've read tons of times!

I'm reading the da vinci code. i got the book awhile ago but when i stared
reading it aqua teen hunger force came on and i never picked it up again
until a couple of days ago.

Back