Current Reading, (favourite Books)!!

Well, here are a few:

J.R.R. Tolkien - LOTR, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales

Isaac Asimov - Foundation series, Robot series

Phyllis Eisenstein - not well known, but probably my favourite author

Terry Pratchett - Discworld, the funniest fantasy series ever (and he's a better writer than Piers Anthony)!

David Brin - the Uplift Saga, a really good science fiction opera-style series

Timothy Zahn - great science fiction writer. Star Wars fans will know him. ;)

Read much Roman Dirge? that guy is a fucking genius.

Definetely. I have Lenore 2-6, 9, 10, and Noogies. I wanna get The Sloth and those kooky Halfsies and Floaty Bear. So far all of my christmas list consists of JCV, Dirge, and gp32_console . [and laptop power adapter, it broke :( ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading The Dark Tower: The Dark Tower Volume VII by Stephen King at the moment - truly Class....

stephen king's dark tower books are the best fantasy books *ever*...

i must have missed this one though... can I have a timeline? as far as I get it there's:

1 the gunslinger
2 i forgot
3 the drawing of the three
4 wizard and glass

and also

stephen king/peter straub

the talisman
the black house (which, if you read them both, are both (especially the second) dark tower books)

and then

stephen king

hearts in atlantis

being another dark tower book (I think)

I *LOVE* those books... got a better timeline for me?

(btw... 'insomnia' is also closely linked (like a side-story)... i'm getting the idea that the guy had a whole fantasy/intermingled multiverse in his head... I hope he doesn't die leaving it unfinished...) matter of fact lots of them seem to sharer the same world...

edit: so what were V and VI ?

I don't like books and i don't read them for fun only for school. But i am currently reading

Slaughter House Five (only because we have to have SSR books for english)
I saw the movie so i know what happens.

and

gp32x.de

my fav. book is probably

Fight Club (decided to read the book after seeing the movie and needing a SSR book)
Movie was awesome too.

i'm currently reading a load of books for my uni course:

Machiavellia - The Prince & The Discourses
Plato - The Republic
Aristotle - The Politics
Hobbes - The Leviathan

Bentham - Principles & Morals Of Legislation
Mill - Utilitarianism

Luckily I have a reading week next week so i can get all of the above finished!

Im reading sophies world for the first time, its very good so far. I like how she blended the philosophy with a story.

I just finished re-reading "On a Pale Horse" by Piers Anthony, and I'm thinking about re-reading "Killobyte" by the same author. :)

Definetely. I have Lenore 2-6, 9, 10, and Noogies. I wanna get The Sloth and those kooky Halfsies and Floaty Bear.
sweet. i read lenore, my step mom has both TPB's (the graphic novels) and the two newest issues. i also bought her the floaty bear toy for her bday, its hilarious. its on an invisible stand, and it you pull out its tail (its on a string) and let go, it jitters around. hilarious (its funnier than it sounds :lol:)

Oh yeah [thinking of the striking resemblence]...
hey, thecheat, my hair is spiked red!
really! cool. how many colourrs have you ever dyed your hair (unless yo have natural red hair)

really! cool. how many colourrs have you ever dyed your hair (unless yo have natural red hair)
One so far, just started dyeing my hair.
But I wanna grow it out more, dye it black and dye red streaks in it, than eventually and maybe once its super long dye it white and dread it [hopefully I can get the light blue or white or ring contact lenses too...], than cut it to about 7" and make a liberty spikes mohawk...
I'm not doing it out of attention or a higher social status [i hate just about everybody i know the names of + see except for a few people, and the peoples noizes get annoying, even though they always consistently squack...] but more out of hobby and self expression, plus i don't wanna look like my faggot little brother any more...

One so far, just started dyeing my hair.
But I wanna grow it out more, dye it black and dye red streaks in it, than eventually and maybe once its super long dye it white and dread it [hopefully I can get the light blue or white or ring contact lenses too...], than cut it to about 7" and make a liberty spikes mohawk...
I'm not doing it out of attention or a higher social status [i hate just about everybody i know the names of + see except for a few people, and the peoples noizes get annoying, even though they always consistently squack...] but more out of hobby and self expression, plus i don't wanna look like my faggot little brother any more...
cool. good luck with dying :lol: ive been doing it since 5th grade
just so you know: streaks are a bitch, as are liberty spikes( you have to do them up every day)

and back on topic: I HAVE 1-5 OF JOHNNY THE HOMICIDAL MANIAC!!!! BWA HAHAHA :D :D

I HAVE 1-5 OF JOHNNY THE HOMICIDAL MANIAC!!!! BWA HAHAHA

lol i found some samples of it seth, omg, it's so halarious... dunno, if that a good thing... or not...?

oh yeah and Filler Bunny seth remeber him... :D

Urban Guerrillas - Robert Moss

Quite an interesting read, although I'm only at the halfway point. Funnyily enough I have to return the book to the Library before the fifth of August 1983. I wonder if there will be a fine.

Back