Pandora Crosscompiler Toolchain Based On Openpandora.org Ipks

well, I'm not really confident about hacking that script being an almost total linux newbie... on other hand I'd like to avoid building completely outdated binaries...

I'll give it a go, but I'm already foreseeing an imminent huge timesink...

edit I really love the fact that GCW0 provide a trivial to use crosscompile toolchain...

Last edited by a moderator:
hum, haven't checked yactfeau, I disregarded it at first since it's even older than the toolchain mentionned it... has it been updated lately?

nice, I'd give it a go... a VM image is also really appealing... Thanks!

Thanks for the script, I used it (after commenting CodeSourcery parts) to get a basic "cross-tree" to go along a crosstool-ng toolchain (linaro build with gcc 4.8)

I suppose the libgl1/libglu1 installed packages are pure software Mesa? (did not have time to test glshim yet :) )

I just tried to get more recent toolchain using this scripts, but somehow I can't get egl, gles, and gles2 installed. Did some packagenames or -sources change?

I'm sure I was able to get a complete, working toolchain with this script in the past ...

Compiling against that toolchain fails for me. At first there were problems in cmath, I just commented that out. But now it fails because of malloc:

arm-2011.09/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.6.1/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/include/c++/4.6.1/cstdlib:119:11: error: '::malloc' has not been declared
make[2]: *** [easyrpg_player-color.o] Error 1

any idea why?

Compiling against that toolchain fails for me. At first there were problems in cmath, I just commented that out. But now it fails because of malloc:

arm-2011.09/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.6.1/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/include/c++/4.6.1/cstdlib:119:11: error: '::malloc' has not been declared

make[2]: *** [easyrpg_player-color.o] Error 1

any idea why?
this might apply : http://nerdland.net/unstumping-the-internet/malloc-has-not-been-declared/
Else, show me your env vars and how you configured your project. configure log might be usefull too :)

(btw: irc:freenode#openpandora might give you advices too)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran the script today to try the arm-2013.11 toolchain. The OPKG archive link is stale, you need to update the wget address on line 267 from:

Code:
http://opkg.googlecode.com/files/$OPKG_ARCHIVE
to
Code:
https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/opkg/$OPKG_ARCHIVE

In addition, you also need to install the libssl-dev package. Other than that this script (and the toolchain it puts together) still works in 2018 on my Linux Mint 18 system! Thanks for the great work :)

I also ran this script a few days ago (July 2019) and with the mods in the above post it also worked for me building the arm-2013.11 toolchain.

One stumbling block I had was that my system is 64-bit and this builds a 32-bit toolchain.
Make sure you install something like this:

sudo apt install libc6-i386

So is there an even later toolchain available?

Back