Pandora Crosscompiler Toolchain Based On Openpandora.org Ipks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ivanovic, Feb 14, 2012.

1. M-HT

M-HT Very Active Member

If you don't mind hacking the script a bit, you can use it with other (newer) crosscompiler toolchains.

For example here are crosscompiler toolchains based on various gcc versions (including 4.9) and for various targets (including cortex-A8): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2098133

2. elwing

elwing Rabbit Addict

well, I'm not really confident about hacking that script being an almost total linux newbie... on other hand I'd like to avoid building completely outdated binaries...

I'll give it a go, but I'm already foreseeing an imminent huge timesink...

edit I really love the fact that GCW0 provide a trivial to use crosscompile toolchain...

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
  3. sebt3

sebt3 homebrew player (P. & C.)

I cant see how yactfeau can be any easier :)

4. elwing

elwing Rabbit Addict

hum, haven't checked yactfeau, I disregarded it at first since it's even older than the toolchain mentionned it... has it been updated lately?

5. sebt3

It use the same compiler that compiled the OS. It sure is old but have its own advantages :)

6. elwing

elwing Rabbit Addict

nice, I'd give it a go... a VM image is also really appealing... Thanks!

7. Voyageur

Voyageur Member

Thanks for the script, I used it (after commenting CodeSourcery parts) to get a basic "cross-tree" to go along a crosstool-ng toolchain (linaro build with gcc 4.8)

I suppose the libgl1/libglu1 installed packages are pure software Mesa? (did not have time to test glshim yet :) )

8. x1212

x1212 Member

I just tried to get more recent toolchain using this scripts, but somehow I can't get egl, gles, and gles2 installed. Did some packagenames or -sources change?

I'm sure I was able to get a complete, working toolchain with this script in the past ...

9. Ghabry

Ghabry Still Fresh

Compiling against that toolchain fails for me. At first there were problems in cmath, I just commented that out. But now it fails because of malloc:

arm-2011.09/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.6.1/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/include/c++/4.6.1/cstdlib:119:11: error: '::malloc' has not been declared
    make[2]: *** [easyrpg_player-color.o] Error 1

any idea why?

10. sebt3

this might apply : http://nerdland.net/unstumping-the-internet/malloc-has-not-been-declared/
    Else, show me your env vars and how you configured your project. configure log might be usefull too :)

(btw: irc:freenode#openpandora might give you advices too)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  11. alxm

alxm Still making GP2X games!

I ran the script today to try the arm-2013.11 toolchain. The OPKG archive link is stale, you need to update the wget address on line 267 from:

Code:
    http://opkg.googlecode.com/files/$OPKG_ARCHIVE
    to
    Code:
    https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/opkg/$OPKG_ARCHIVE
    In addition, you also need to install the libssl-dev package. Other than that this script (and the toolchain it puts together) still works in 2018 on my Linux Mint 18 system! Thanks for the great work :)