Pandora Crosscompiler Toolchain Based On Openpandora.org Ipks

10h is the tipical time I take analysing the work before actually starting ;)

This mkspecs directory have been worked on with ivanovics so once you adapted it to your toolchain it should work.

I seen in your other thread that you tried my toolchain with pndqmake with just use the mkspecs dirctory.

I might reply in you other thread but I dont have acces to my dev environnment right now so I cannot test or dig deeper

In your toolchain, pndqmake still doesn't work out of the box. You need the toolchain.cmake file and put it at the right place before.

Thats just if you didn't fix it by now of course ;)

I still didn't succeed ;( If i would, I would have told you in this thread ;D

I made a directory in /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs named "linux-pandora-g++"

I placed the toolchain.cmake and qplatformdefs.h in this new directory

I've done that because I read envirronement-setup... and I thought I should've done this since there were no directories at that name at that place.

Yeah... It doesn't work, and i'm still completely lost xD

Thanks for your help ;)

the toolchain.cmake have nothing to do with qmake (cmake qnd qmake are 2 differants beast)

@shideneyu :

you need to have you need a qmake.conf in /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-pandora-g++ too (get the one I have in my archive) and fixes the path to match your install.

then use : qmake -spec linux-pandora-g++ && make

@sebt3

You mean

Code:
pndqmake -spec linux-pandora-g++ && make

Because qmake doesn't got a -spec option; It doesn't work anyways, it renders me pndqmake manual

I have done what you told me; I didn't have to change the path, they were the same

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally had some free time this weekend, so on saturday night I tried the toolchain script (on my laptop running 64 bit ubuntu 12.04).

First time took around 3 hours to install, due to hunting down missing dependencies. But I eventually got it all installed and built a simple hello world console app. Yay, it ran on my pandora!

Then sunday morning I turned on the laptop to start playing with some pandora graphics coding, but ubuntu now won't boot. It just sits there in the loading screen. The recovery boot and safe gfx modes don't help.

I reinstalled ubuntu, grabbed everything I remembered I needed the day before, and ran the script. It installed without error first go.

I installed codeblocks, but it wouldn't run (missing libgio). I installed it, noticed that updates were waiting for a reboot, so I rebooted. Yet again, it gets to the loading screen and sits there doing nothing.

Ubuntu had been working fine on the laptop for a year, but I haven't done much with it until now.

Not a very successful weekend. Maybe I need to try a different OS.

@kojack:

Have you maybe tried to install this SDK as root? Sorry, that is a really bad idea. Just follow the HowTo for installing at the beginning of the script itself. In general it should not have any effect on your system unless you are doing rather stupid things like running it with sudo to install it systemwide (which is very much discouraged!).

@shideneyu:

How have you actually tried to build using qmake? I once tried building something with qmake and my sdk and that "just worked". Just have a look at the section "EDIT5" in this post: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/58443-crosscompiler-toolchain-based-on-openpandora-org-ipks/page__view__findpost__p__936553

I hope this helps you.

@kojack:

Have you maybe tried to install this SDK as root? Sorry, that is a really bad idea. Just follow the HowTo for installing at the beginning of the script itself. In general it should not have any effect on your system unless you are doing rather stupid things like running it with sudo to install it systemwide (which is very much discouraged!).
Nope, I wasn't root or sudo'd.

I tried putting Ubuntu (64 bit) on my main desktop machine (already had an old ubuntu partition I hadn't used in years that I could reformat). Installing the sdk went fine, but I couldn't get any of the code sourcery binaries to run. I'd done the multilib stuff (which worked fine on my laptop, I was able to run the compiler) but this time I must have missed some step or something.

So last night I installed Ubuntu 32 bit in vmware. The sdk's installed fine, and I've built and run an SDL test app.

Finally everything seems to be working.

Programs build with this tool kit do not run on my pandora (SuperZaxxon 1.52). This week (07/2013) i used openpandora_toolchain.sh to install the SDK on my debian squeeze 64bit box. My program build fine, but when try to run it i just get the error:

wine: failed to initialize: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.10' not found (required by /mnt/utmp/wine/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so)

Where do i get an older version of libc.so.6 that matches my pandora and how do it install it?

Do you use any precompiled libs?

Looks like the version wasn't compiled with the toolchain, so it needs a newer glibc

What version of the CodeSourcery toolchain does that script install?

I was having a similar problem when I was using the 2012.03-57 version (I have not tried the latest 2012.09-64 release), reverting to the 2011.09-70 should fix this. (I have only tested this on Windows, I should add)

To find out what version has been installed search the installer script for "sourcery.mentor.com" and you should find a list of download links and one which is not disabled, looking like this:

https://sourcery.mentor.com/GNUToolchain/package9728/public/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/arm-2011.09-70-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2

If it's one of the 2012 versions, try replacing the link in the script with the one above (which is the working 2011.09-70 version) and reinstall the toolchain (delete old installation beforehand, so libs aren't mixed!).

I might be wrong on this though, I am bad at interpreting the gibberish GCC prints.

My version of the toolchain is 2011.09.

After turning lots of bits and bytes upside down, i found that this is not the fault of the toolchain. The project ships either wrapper around the linker or its own linker (still trying to understand what is is) and this one links against the host libs.

Sorry for the noise.

Has anyone cross-compiled GLFW (GLES) for this toolchain?

need the right command line

Any reason why '-rpath' is included in LDFLAGS in pandora_configure.sh? All this seems to do is leak information about your cross-compilation directory, since the resulting binaries will be ran on the Pandora. For reference, a Debian article on RPATH.

Thanks for the cross-compile toolkit.

I was able to build a working "hello" program  :)

I noticed pandora_configure.sh had CXXFLAGS (C++) and CPPFLAGS (pre-processor) swapped around.

P.S. is this toolkit still recommended for cross-compiling, or did someone come up with a new/better version?

Back