Crisis Core Appreciation Thread

Goity

VIP Sleaze
Anyone other than me got this yet? Nobody seems to have mentioned it on here and considering it's so amazing I think this is just despicable.

Anyways, this is easily the best handheld game I've ever played. It's a little short if you just blast through the game with no sidequests (15 hours) but if you play some of the missions and do some sidequests it's quite a long game.

Well, it came out on the 25th March. For reviews, see metacritic. Most reviews are saying it's pretty much the reason to own a PSP.

Apart from G4TV, who did this mental review which was clearly hating on all JRPGs, and didn't sound like they'd actually played the game.

I finished it two days ago with 50% of missions cleared. Brilliant game, even if I'm somewhat biased as FF fanboy. Gonna restart on hard mode later.

I wanted to do the same thing! It's absolutely amazing!

I got the sound track too, it's all just great!

Draken said:
I finished it two days ago with 50% of missions cleared. Brilliant game, even if I'm somewhat biased as FF fanboy. Gonna restart on hard mode later.
I've done 42% so far. Lol, if you do a load of the missions before Nibelheim you get too overpowered; I had to take off all of my decent materia to get it to a reasonable difficulty. However, I tried it on hard mode first, but it was almost impossible to get through that first wutai area without dying :S

Last edited by a moderator:
I screwed up just before the end and saved after playing with the materia fusion too much, so I can't finish the final couple of Genesis!!! And I have only done about 17% of the missions. So have spent the last hours just trying to complete as many materia missions as I can!

Am level 41, what level did you guys face Genesis at the end?

But again, just awesome game really!

I just completed it! My GOD!!!! What an ending!!!! Unbefockinlievable!!!!!!!!

Just beautiful! Anyone who doesn't play this game is missing one of the best games in years, imo!

No to do the missions!!!

lubidog said:

Just beautiful! Anyone who doesn't play this game is missing one of the best games in years, imo!

No to do the missions!!!
Bah, not finished it yet. I'm at level 52, and I've done 55% of the missions, including the final sephiroth of hojo's lab (Magical Punch FTW - 99999 damage most of the time), and I got the break hp and damage limit skills. Hy current HP is at 24,000.
However, I'm surprised the Yuffie missions got so hard, considering they're story based.

Goity said:
lubidog said:

No to do the missions!!!
Bah, not finished it yet. I'm at level 52, and I've done 55% of the missions, including the final sephiroth of hojo's lab (Magical Punch FTW - 99999 damage most of the time), and I got the break hp and damage limit skills. Hy current HP is at 24,000.
However, I'm surprised the Yuffie missions got so hard, considering they're story based.

If there is one game that you have to finish it's this one-the FMV at the end is just so beautiful!!!! Stunning. I know that some things about the game aren't perfect, the stealth for example. But when the music, the graphics, the FMV, the battle mechanics, the story, the atmosphere are as good as this......

Just stunning!!!!

Sorry. But at level 52 you will breeze the end. HP at 24,000? Bloody hell!!!!

I think this game will be talked about as a landmark game. The various forums I go to are full of comments about this. It is just stunning. I really now want to play the next FF game on the PS3.

One thing I am a bit fed up about is that starting again on hard mode, all the missions have gone! So I have to go through all the really easy ones again. But for me the battles were so enjoyable as to not matter. I think the negative comments about the battles don't count when you play further and realise that dodging and blocking are more important-then they become really tactical.

Anyone who doesn't play this game is missing one of the best games in years, imo!

Or doesn't own a PSP. :) How much are those, now... :huh:

I do hear it is very good, though I've heard, that the end is a bit frustrating. You blaze through the game, become a semi-god, and we know what happens then...

Jarska333 said:
Anyone who doesn't play this game is missing one of the best games in years, imo!

Or doesn't own a PSP. :) How much are those, now... :huh:

I do hear it is very good, though I've heard, that the end is a bit frustrating. You blaze through the game, become a semi-god, and we know what happens then...

Not much you can do about the ending....

But believe me, they do do 'it' well!

I took off my better materia to make the last boss harder, which meant I almost afterwards, but I got past. The ending was so sad :(. Why couldn't he just have used lots of quake? Why????

>.< i saw some spoil
rawr ~ still not done
but seriously, I LOVE THIS GAME I've been playing it straight through, it takes alot to get myself to stop
great game tho, recommend it highly, if you dont have a psp.. now is the time :)

purple_goat said:
>.< i saw some spoil
rawr ~ still not done
but seriously, I LOVE THIS GAME I've been playing it straight through, it takes alot to get myself to stop
great game tho, recommend it highly, if you dont have a psp.. now is the time :)
There's nothing in the thread that wasn't spoiled 10 years ago by FF7 :S

One thing Lubi: do you still have to unlock each mission during points in the story, or do you just need to play through them all again, unlocking each one after the previous?

Goity said:
purple_goat said:
>.< i saw some spoil
rawr ~ still not done

One thing Lubi: do you still have to unlock each mission during points in the story, or do you just need to play through them all again, unlocking each one after the previous?

You've gotta keep playing. And in hard mode they are harder too!

Goity said:
purple_goat said:
>.< i saw some spoil
rawr ~ still not done

dont tell anyone
but i didnt play ff7 >.<

purple_goat said:
Goity said:
purple_goat said:
>.< i saw some spoil
rawr ~ still not done

dont tell anyone
but i didnt play ff7 >.<

AARGACCCHEEEK!!!

purple_goat said:
beat it!
<3

now i should play ff7..
xD
If you have CFW, why not put it on your PSP? Should make the bad graphics of FF7 original more tolerable.

Back