Gran Turismo 4 + Gt Driving Force Pro = Amazing!

I bought one when I worked at a video game store owned by this russian guy... well anyways after about a month it stopped working mysteriously? So I told my boss and he said well no big deal just take another one. Well later I opened it up and found there was just a simple problem with the AC adapter port and fixed it... so they both work fine.

Then one guy at my wifes job offered one to my wife for very cheap, as she talks sometimes about I am a bigtime video game player. So he offered her one for $20 with some games and a case, and my wife bought it to surprise me since she knows I like the nomad and love handhelds in general. So now I have three...

i was going to sell one or two... about a year ago seemed you could get $80-100 easy... now on Ebay they are like $20? So I'm just keeping them.

Yeah back 2 years ago they were worth 200US plus, than I don't know maybe because of the PSP and dS? it dropped in value dramatically. Its more like a portable Mega drive than a handheld i think which is really cool. Extra controller port, av out, how friggin innovative is that!!!

No I ain't backing down, it looks ugly and unfinished to me. It is an improvement on DC racing titles but not majorly so, MSR looks much nicer although more unrealistic.

msr's graphics are definitely inferior to gt3's, but i wouldn't relate the graphics difference as like the master system to the mega drive. dc and ps2 aren't even that far apart, and while it is true that most first gen ps2 games looked absolutely crap, gems like gt3 and mgs2 really shined.

and yeah, i too am baffled as how gt3/4 look the best compared to most racers, polyphony sure know their thing. playing gt4 today at my friend's place made me remember how good that game looked. it also made me wish there was a pc version of it just so i could play it at high resolutions, as regular tv resolution puts me off now haha and this game would really shine if it had true hdtv support or the like.

btw, playing gt4 today...i really gotta get that damn wheel now! oh and it would be cool if gt4 had a cockpit view where you can see the driver controlling the wheel like the way it's done in ferrari f355 challenge or live for speed(but less twitchy haha).

Yeah i think maybe they code the whole game in ASM instead of C to get such brilliant graphics? No PC dev can be bothered doing as much detail as in the GTS, probably because driving games don't sell as well as say FPS's

Back