Pandora Crimson Fields For Pandora

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
Hiya people,

It's not news yet so could not post there, not beta yet, so no post there either. But i've been port ninja'd before so i'd just like to say im working on a Crimson Field port (or recompile and reconfiguration, for the purists)

Got it playable, and 800x480 fullscreen on the pandora, looking pretty nice. Currently working on getting all files off the nand, maybe some control tweaks, but those are pretty good as it is, and finally have to bundle it all up in a pnd.

Cheers!

MarkoeZ

peca said:
Please, take care about font size. I've problem to read small text as is in m.a.x.reloaded or in clonk planet.

Reading glasses? :unsure:

Seriously, i'll take a look what i can do, but if it involves other major layout changes as well it's not going to happen.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuckie said:
Woo Crimson Fields :)
Reminds me that I need to put up the M.A.X Reloaded up on the Archives.. though I want to grab their latest SVN codebase and compile that, see if there's anymore features in it.

Looking forward to Crimson Fields though, me likes my TBS games ;)

I'm looking forward to this one as well :p As most of the games i ported, i never played this one before in my life and was curious. Ok, it has a windows version, but that's too easy eh? ;)

On the font: there seem to be some font settings in the globals header, i'll try what they exactly control when i got my pandora booting again, it's being a bit weird atm.

Cheers!

Excellent, I remember this game from my Palm. Now I'm thrilled to discover a Dreamcast port and- what's this? A Pandora port in progress? Brilliant man, keep at it! What next, BoR?

Esn said:
Added it to the wiki for now:
http://pandorawiki.org/Games

What sort of multiplayer does it have, from the categories on the wiki?

Hello and thanks. Multiplayer: Network, play by mail, and hotseat. None of them tested on the Pandora yet though.

Edit: And apparently the home dir was still not set right, so now i just hacked it into the code. Should be 100% nand write free. new beta coming soon. ugn nope, something else.

Ok, Update time.

found the saving bug. Also i found out that the right mousebutton only launches the unit info/menu, and that is configurable in the options in the first menu, or in the main game (press start button, then options, and finally Key Binding). So set it to whatever you desire :) It even saves your settings nicely, if you quit properly that is ; )

And this might be interesting to some, although i have not compiled the tools yet, you could probablyedit: you can just download a linux/windows pc version and use a method like this to create the maps: D

2) every search I did on crimson fields tells me that there are tools to convert battle isle maps into crimson fields maps that can be played. Has anyone ever done that, and are those maps available anywhere?

Besides the game itself, Crimson Fields comes with a graphical map editor "comet", a Battle Isle to Crimson Fields map conversion tool "bi2cf" and a map compiler "cfed". At least in the .deb I got from Ubuntu repositories these tools were included.

I gave it a quick try and converting maps from BI to CF seems to work quite well.

Assuming that you have your BI maps in a subdirectory called MAP, do a
Code:

bi2cf 01 -p 1 -f b -d MAP

to convert BI map number 01 into a one-player CF map. From the resulting map source file (extension .src) you can then compile a CF level file (extension .lev) by doing

Code:

cfed BI-01.src --tiles /usr/share/games/crimson/default.tiles --units /usr/share/games/crimson/default.units

Just put the resulting .lev file into $HOME/.crimson/levels and the new level will automatically show up the next time your restart the game.

For more details on bi2cf and cfed see also
http://www.digipedia.pl/man/bi2cf.6.html
http://www.digipedia.pl/man/cfed.6.html

e.g. the first map from BI 1 looks like this in CF

Click this bar to view the full image.

If required you can also rework the converted BI maps with the "comet" map editor - just load the .lev file into the editor. Of course with comet you can also create new maps from scratch.

Source: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=29084

Final post for tonight...

New beta up, starts fullscreen and saves properly.
If you want to add levels, put them in “appdata/crimson/levels/”. It will just generate the crimson folder the first time you launch the game. For now, create the levels folder yourself.
And if you downloaded the first beta, it's wise to delete the crimson folder before copying this version. Should still run, just some redundant files.

Crimson Fields Beta 2

Enjoy!

Back