Creator Of Gpaint32, Please Report

Nilsiboy

1337 T045T
Website
Visit site
2 or 3 days ago, i found the program GPaint32 on Don's GP32 page and thought it would come in handy for the gigas community project, but i read that it supports only 32*32 tiles... so Don, could you please modify GPaint32 so that it supports GIGAS' .raw-files? I know the source is available for download, too, but it would be much easier to do this for you, wouldn't it?

they are... i dont quite know...hte tool to convert bitmaps into .raw is called bmp2bin....
sorry, i'm uninformed, I'll search google right now :rolleyes:

EDIT: didnt quite find a description but they seem to be files with just the colour information, no contrast or scuh settings....somewhere it said just the output from the digicams sensor" hope that helps you

but if you want to cahnge a tileyou wouldnt have to shift the files any more to cahnge it. or if you made a tiny 1 pixel mistake, you could just run GPaint32 and fix it without changing the .bmp, converting it to .raw, deleting old .raw and copying new raw

they are all in one file, which is 480*1024 pixels
the sprites are in one 162*8160 file
the attack animations are in one 288*2720 file

and thanks for being such a helpful guy don :)

The thing is - GPaint32 doesn't save 16bit raw (which basically means you get a more or less exact color value for each pixel), it saves palettized 8bit raw. Apart from that (which could be solvable with a bit of work, tbh), it's just not designed for those large images. Sorry, I really can't be bothered to do a complete revamp of a tool I'm not using anymore at the moment.

sad....but thanks you answered to the thread, now i know it wont happen....until i learn to code...that could take a while

Back